3800 Complete 97 L67 parting out

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK guys, I will be parting out a 97 L67 soon and wanted to see if anyone on this board wanted dibs before I take it to the national board. This will include:

M90
bypass valve
fuel rail and fpr
TB
EGR
Lower Manifold
Heads
Block with crank
rods and pistons

Ok here is the deal, supposedly this engine spun a rod bearing. So depending on the damage the rods and pistons will be sold extremely cheap, or/and the block and crank will be sold extremely cheap. I do not know the condition of anything yet. So this is just a "dibs" post. No prices need yet. So let me know, thanx.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, I will be getting this engine for a good price, so Ill be selling most things for cheap. In the picture its not the cleanest engine, but Ill be taking a lot of degreaser to it. The block will come with the crank, because I dont want to rent the Balancer removal tool, and that bolt can be a biotch.

I also remembered the Exhaust manifolds will be up for sale, along with water pump, valve covers, engine brackets, and map sensor.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Jul 15 2004, 01:26 PM
I dont have the engine yet so I dont know the condition. But say they are in good condition with NO visible cracks, then I could do something like $125 + shipping (if shipping is required). If they are cracked and someone wants them for testing purposes, I could do like $40. It has 75000 miles.
Ok let me know when you get it.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I would need at least $125 + shipping (if shipping is required) for the M90. They usually go for $150+ before shipping on the national board.

I do not have the tools to take the valves out of the head, antpearl. But if someone buys the heads, then you could talk to them about getting the valves. Sorry

I should be getting this engine on wednesday this week. So unless I have some delays, Ill have it cleaned up and torned down by next weekend. I'll let everyone know if the parts are in good condition, and adjust pricing accordingly. Thanx.

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Jul 15 2004, 05:41 PM
$50 for the block is fine, but it will need to be picked up, or we can meet up.

Also, I can do the valve covers for $30 shipped.

For everyones knowledge, I'm located in Central IL. Around the Peoria area, so shipping will be cheap, pickup cheaper ;) .
perfect!!!!

let me know when you get it.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK, well here we go. I took everything apart and checked things over. The M90 is in awesome shape, clean outside, and almost ZERO wear on the rotors. The heads have no visible cracks what-so-ever. I even checked between the valve seats twice. Nothing. One cylinder of the block looks scuffed up. This is probably due to the spun rod bearing. I was informed that this bearing spun as soon as the car started, not during hard driving. I have yet to take the oil pan off to check the condition of the crank/rods. So now I will put the prices that I want things for. Basically I looked on clubgp to see what they sell for, then knocked additional money off since I got this for a good deal. Anyone who called dibs, gets first shot at the item. Thanx

M90-------$125 + shipping
Bypass Valve------$20 + shipping
Heads----$125 + shipping (does not include rockers, rocker bolts, or pedestal)
Rockers/bolts/pedestals----$30 + shipping
TB--------$60 + shipping (includes all sensors, but the screen is dented)
IM--------$40 + shipping
Block----$50 pickup needed
Fuel Rail---$30 + shipping (does not have FPR as previously thought)
Fuel Injectors---$40 + shipping
2 Sets of Valve Covers----$20 + shipping
Push rods------$10 + shipping (have two complete sets)
EGR-----$10 + shipping (Have three)
Engine Hoisting Brackets----$10 + shipping

I think thats it. I will not be selling the exhaust manifolds yet. If pictures are wanted please emai/pm/post your email address and I will send you some. I live in Morton, approximately 8 miles east of Peoria. Zipcode is 61550. Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info