3800 New here

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I'm new here, as you may have noticed in the title, My name is Nick Saturday, Saturday is NOT my real last name, but what most of my friends call me. I'm 17, I live in Chicago, in the Beverly area, around 99th and Western, but drive around a lot. I'm from RegalGS.org, and I am also signed up on ClubGP.com, using the same login name.

I drive a 97.5 Regal GS w/85,000miles, and as you all know is Supercharged. The car is my fathers, but he allows me to drive it, and keep up with maintenance on it (I.E., remind him). It has NO performance mods yet, I just have the Monte Carlo radiator support bars. It does have a new engine (lower end), flexplate, and trans (nothing done to them) that was replaced for free.

I will hopefully be participating in the MyMonte.com event on the weekend of the 23rd-25th, but only be going on the 24th to the Dragway. I was kinda hoping to meet some people and maybe drive down (in a pack of cars or whatever) to keep my drive somewhat exciting on the way down there.

I would also like to meet some of you guys say on Archer ;) or maybe in Downers Grove. Mostly to meet, cruise, kill rice.. I might even be willing to drive out to Schaumburg to, as I noticed those places are mainly where you guys hang out around at.

I am also hoping to get the U-Bend removed, 3.4" Pulley, and cold air intake done soon, just need money and help. That should about cover it. Thanks for reading! Sorry its so long.

-Nick S.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
You guys have any recommendations as to a shop I should go to for the U-bend removal, mind you I still would like to have a bung (sp?) put in for the o2 sensor. Theres a place called FAIR mufflers by my house that did exhaust work for my friends Bronco, I think I will check them out and see what they say.

Also I would like to get a 3.4" pulley on it, but I dont think I would ever need to swap it out atleast not too soon... Should I go with a keyed kit and chalk up the money, or just have a 3.4" put on, and have it done as soon as I can get it in, and find someone to help with a puller? If I do do more extreme mods mind you those wouldn't been on for several months due to lack of money, and kinda keeping it from my dad. :ph34r: So I dont think I would need a keyed kit.

-Nick S.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Hey Nick.

I'm in Schaumburg at BK, or in Bloomingdale every Friday and Saturday if you wanna meet up. It's the completely stock (looking), debadged GT...gold color. You'll always know who I am - probably the only GP in the world running a single exhaust to the right bank when it should have a dual exhaust.

BK is on the corner of Roselle and Wise Rd...call the cell (in my profile) if you'd like directions.

Later
James

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Yeah I did get the flexplate problem taken care of, when they fixed it they started the engine and noticed it running like crap and sounding horrible whcih they traced back to it throwing a rod. My guess was me running the car hard, and them only putting in 87octane=disaster.

Thanks Graffix also for telling me where to get that done, FAIR muffler wont do it since he said it tampering with the O2 sensor and thats illegal <_< .

Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Jul 14 2004, 01:53 PM
I would also like to meet some of you guys say on Archer ;)  or maybe in Downers Grove. Mostly to meet, cruise, kill rice.. I might even be willing to drive out to Schaumburg to, as I noticed those places are mainly where you guys hang out around at.
Well, I don't know if anyone else from here is going, but I'll be at the Downers Grove weekly cruise night this Friday with some friends. There's always some VERY cool cars there, plus food and music and such. I don't know if he'll be there this week, but AIRCAL goes there occassionally. Good place to meet up and drool over cars with double our horsepower. :( lol

Oh yeah, and welcome. :p

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I might show up to the Downers Grove cruise night Friday. Altho I'm not really sure where I'd be going around there..

Question, I want to order the 3.4" Pulley Boys Pulley on PFYC. What else besides a 180* Thermo should I have done to the car. Pending how much the u-bend removal is, I will have that done ASAP. Would that be enough for maybe a month tops or is that too dangerous?

I wanted to get the K&N Filter, and K&N Filter installation kit, but money may not allow all of this at once, plus it says they are back ordered or something. If I am able to get this ontop of the 180* thermo, but no u-bend delete would that be ok? what about with u-bend delete?

I of course would need help with the pulley installation and would buy dinner for whoever could swap it for me.

-Nick S.

P.S. anyone know how much just a u-bend delete might cost? it would hopefully be paid in cash..

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Nick, I had an epiphiny after I made that post. :) I have a 3.4 right here. I just took it off today. If you want it: $40 and I'll install it for you.

The filter you would have to get off the site.

As for whether or not you'll be fine, I would also grab a set of Autolite 104's for now. The U bend delete is a good idea down the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info