3800 Anyone got a 21MM Deep Offset Box Wrench?

I

imported_GraFFix

Well Last night i finally decided to start my suspension project (thanks to Jeff)...I rented the spring compressor from Murrays and layed out all my new parts, springs, struts, strut towers...

Its a long story but to make it short...Jeff gave me his old suspension...what im trying to do it take his old suspension apart take the dust boots the bumper stops and anything else I need and assemble my new stuff then this weekend take my old stuff off the car and just slap on the new setup on. sounds easy no?

Well I got as far as the first one when I realized I dont have the right tool to get the top bolt off the strut assembly :(

What I need is a 21MM Deep Offset Box Wrench

Something similar to this pic...

32042.gif

the highest Sears had in stock was a 19MM the only way to get one is to mail order a whole set of wrenches which is a 80 dollar set...

I tried to rig up something but im not having any luck...a socket held by vice grips and a torx bit thru the middle really didnt give me any help..lol

Anyone got one I can borrow for a weekend, or an idea how to get this bolt off? I sprayed all the bolts with PBblaster last night maybe it will be a little easier tonight...I dont know, all I know is im getting aggrivated and should of just took it somewhere to get it done..lol

I

imported_GraFFix

if i could buy it I would of just bought it..Im a tool freak anyways.

But i just found out that harbor frieght has a 8pc set for only 11 bucks..up to 22mm!

I guess its time to slip out the back door and head up there before anyone notices im gone..LOL

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I don't understand...Are you trying to get the nut off with the strut mounts in the car? Otherwise a socket will do fine. I thought the only 21mm's were on the trailing arms and such. If you need a place to use air tools, you could do it over at my place as long as it won't take too long. I just changed 4 struts for someone in about 3 hours a couple of weeks ago. What all do you have to do?

I

imported_GraFFix

No I have jeffs old strut assemblys (out of car) and I need to take his apart in order to get a few pieces off of them (dust boots, bumper stops..etc) then assemble my new ones so this weekend I can just take off my old assemblys and put the new ones on.

and ive tried just a socket it doesnt work it spins the whole strut...so what i need to do is get this wrench and then use a T45 torx bit for the center of the nut to stop the strut from moving when i turn the bolt

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info