3800 Intercooler install pics...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
intercooler1.jpg

Relatively clean install from afar; with the exception of the green garden hose. :)

intercooler1.jpg

Radiator and lower hose.

intercooler3.jpg

Pump and hoses. This is the pump Ron and I were talking about.

intercooler4.jpg

Relay... With the proper gauge wire everything has been running great for a couple weeks.

And that's my install.

A short story by Mike Kopstain.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by xttc2000@Jul 12 2004, 09:26 PM
run your plug wires under the snout if you want to clean it up a little.

and that lower rad connection is going to be fun when you bottom out.

the radiator looks small... hows it running with it?
Good call. Will do.

and that lower rad connection is going to be fun when you bottom out.
I'm carefull going into driveways and whatnot. I've been driving the car normally for about 2 weeks like that and when I checked it today it hadn't been touched so, so far so good.

the radiator looks small... hows it running with it?
It's running great. I think the radiators that most use are overkill though I will be changing mine out for the same size due to the low entry of that hose.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Just to interject...I have a bleeder hose too, I cut off the bottom of a 2 liter pop bottle and filled it up, than ran the pump. It took almost an hour of cycling the pump to get all the "carbonation" out of it. I think a drawback to an impeller style pump is getting all the little bubbles out of the system. Also I put on a hayden 10" fan on my rad. It brings down the temp a bit after a hard run faster than w/o having a fan, but it takes a while still. I'm going to add one more fan just for good measure, so it cools down faster between rounds. I ran my wires under the snout also, it's fine but it's harder to acess the inlets of the IC that way if you ever need to.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by rob@Jul 14 2004, 10:05 AM
yeaaaaa TIMMING!

Now all you need is an ice exchanger.....Or Rons cool can! Get a fan on that exchanger!!!!
Timing is something I won't be messing with. I'm happy to make 15 less hp and be safer. Next mods are a chiller, 50lb injectors, and headers.

I'll stop when I'm the fastest car... In the country. :)

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Theirs no danger in some timming...I believe your PCM will automaticlly add some when it learns your IC.

Your knock sensors will protect you. To me the whole idea to an IC is to run more timming...Dont fear a couple degrees. That doesnt make sense to me. Please dont take this the wrong way! Nice install. Dont forget the fan on the exchanger.

I gather you mean some sort of ice exchanger or Barbie pool when you say chiller.

Im going to have Fredo post some pics of my IE later if he has time. Its finished. I must say it came out ALOT better than I expected!!!!! Hes been working like a rented mule lately so we'll see.

Right Fredo...You havent see my IE flow yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info