3800 my GT vs 2 unnaturally aspirated cars

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
After thinking long and hard - I decided to celebrate keeping my car with 2 races Sat. night.

First one was with a 97 GTP. 3.4" pulley, cat-back, intake, and maybe some other stuff. First race was a 3-beep-go; I got the launch on him and didn't see him the whole time. Second one was at a light. Turned green and he had the bottom end on me, and at 30mph he had about 2.5 cars on me. I hit about 5krpm and pulled hard-lowered his lead to about 1.5 cars. We remained even until 65mph when my 2nd gear started pulling at the top and and i reduced his lead to 1 car at 70mph. If we would have done a full 1/4 mile and I would have hit the top of 2nd gear, i would have won by more than a couple cars. I got to liking my GT :)

2nd race was with a 1.8 turbo jetta i've been meaning to race for a month. 3" DP, full exhaust w/ no cats, PCM (if you know anything about turbo VWs, a chip is pretty much everything). He said he was only boosting a "little over 11lbs" - we all know people in turbo cars ALWAYS lie about boost before a race. We took this one to the highway, from a roll at 35mph. We both were even on the launch for about a second, and then I pulled on him instantly - to never see him again. I had a passenger in my car, he didn't. He was a good 6 or so cars back by 90mph. I should have saved it and raced him for money...

Good times...I think a stall and other tranny work is next for the launch..

Oh yeah, I had a bad dream that night that I lost 2 valves on my #3 cyl, and my whole motor went up in flames somehow. I almost cried...lol

Sweet kills!!

From a roll a GTP really doesnt have much over a GT. I use to race my buddies GTP when my car was just a GT and I use to be lined up right next to him all the way upto my 108 govener :D All I had done to my GT was a intake, mufflers and thermostat. He had a ram air hood with a functional intake. But off the line he would have me if he could keep his tires from spinning. Your cam really makes that edge on the top end, even over his pulley.

Great kills again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info