3800 Car shudders under part throttle

• Thread starter imported_Diavolo
  • Start date
I

imported_Diavolo

My car has started shuddering under part throttle. I thought it was misfires so I changed the plugs (from tr6 gapped at .56 to autolite 103 gapped at .52) but the problem remains. My LFT's will shoot to -30 (didn't know they could go that low) and my boost will shoot up to 10psi.

The only thing I can think of is I installed a S2 ZZP TB and it has no MAF screen. I have a wizair intake as well.

I am assuming that is the problem, but didn't know since a lot of people run without the screen in with CAI's.

If anyone has any insight that would be great

Thanks
-Mike

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'd assume the maf might be causing this. I'd scan the raw maf frequency, a ported tb should run you lean at idle, then rich at upper rpm's. -30 is way rich, I've never heard of it being that bad. How are the 02 readings? A few people have gone rich with a clogged cat also, that may explain the boost going up.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Chrys is the guy to ask on this, he had a big richness problem just like this last year. I can't remember what he had to do to fix it. He also had the ICCU, I think he was setting it at like 60% or something to try and fix to no avail.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, kinda sounds like that, but I would make sure you don't have fuel delivery issues too. It may actually studder from being lean, then overcompensates the enrichment. A good sign of a bad 02 sensor is that it's made by Bosch, or the crosscounts are slow.

I

imported_Diavolo

Well, my cousin was looking at my AC (it wasn't working) and pressed insomething and said I didn't have much pressure in my AC. Said there was probably less than 10 psi when it should be above 100psi. (if that makes sense). It did start after that day.

hmmmmmm.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
My car does the same thing.. my IAC's are fine... no vacuum leak..

My o2's drop so low, it is freaky... no knock.. which is kinda weird... I have changed spark plugs.. o2 sensors, to no avail... I am changing my coil packs, and wires next... even though my car doesn't report misfires... which is strange.. (it seems so much like it is)

Let me know what you come up with.. and I will let you know. as it seems we are fighting the same problem.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info