3800 Update for Baby Madeleine

Welp, my little girl is still in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit but she is getting better. Had a minor heart surgery on Thursday and have a few more open heart surgeries scheduled for the next few months. The hospital allows me to setup a website in order to update everyone as to the condition of Maddie.

Here is the LINK

You have to register but it is pretty painless. Meghan and I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers. They help us get through this difficult situation.

CLIFF NOTES: Maddie was born with a pretty severe heart defect. It will require
several open heart surgeries. She had developed an infection that has not yet been identified. They told us she probably wouldn't live through the weekend (this was 2 weeks ago). She fought the infection which ended up in her brain and spine, but now she is better. She has had 1 heart surgery so far, next few steps are complete overhauls of the heart. She is still on a ventilator/morphine/6,000 other IV's but hopefully, we will be able to take her home in the next 4-6 weeks!!

Thanks again!!! B)

WHAT BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!!! You both are soo lucky! I've prayed for her ever since I learned of her condition. Be strong, keep telling her to be strong too...ones will to fight will pull them through!

thanks for the update!

Take care!

OOHH!!! If you EVER need a sitter, I'm the one! heheh...I love kids :wub: I want 500 more some day!
did I say 500?

Originally posted by whitecav_79@Jul 6 2004, 12:49 PM
WHAT BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!!! You both are soo lucky! I've prayed for her ever since I learned of her condition. Be strong, keep telling her to be strong too...ones will to fight will pull them through!

thanks for the update!

Take care!

OOHH!!! If you EVER need a sitter, I'm the one! heheh...I love kids :wub: I want 500 more some day!
did I say 500?
damm yvonne u just sound like my girl she wants 15 im like thanks god we have a tv in our bedroom :p :p :ph34r: :lolsign:

kids are a blessing...I don't care what anyone else says! Yes, they are a lot of hard work, but I tell ya, the people who meet Ethan, they have nothing but good things to say...he is my greatest accomplishment. My angel!!!!

You all have to meet him soon! he's into racing and fast cars and exhaust! We will be at Super Chevy this year...I can get couple extra tickets if someone wants to go

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Justin,

I know we don't hang out as much (hardly at all!) like we used to, but if you and meghan need *ANYTHING*, please let me know! Kid(s) and work was the main reason I disappeared a while ago; however, I can't imagine what you're going through with Maddie. She, as well as all of you, are in Sabina and my prayers.

Charles

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Justin-

I know everything will work out fine. If there's one thing I've learned through working at a nutrition store, it's the scary fact that most doctors actually have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to something other then diagnosing some simple symptoms. That's why I love it when their "odds" are beaten. Never let anything they say get you or your hopes down. She'll do just fine just to show up the doctor. :p

Originally posted by whitecav_79@Jul 6 2004, 02:56 PM
kids are a blessing...I don't care what anyone else says!

I totally agree. The only time I don't feel like destryoning the world is when I'm around kids. Well....atleast the younger kids, before the multitude of bad parents have destroyed them forever (like the annoying little rugrats who are allowed to run around at my work place, moving price tags around, breaking bottles, and standing on top of products like this is their personal playground, while mom notices, but goes about her business and does nothing because she's too lazy to stop them <_< ). But I could be having the worst freaking day at work, and someone will come along carrying a baby, and all it takes is one giggle to feel the weight of putting up with self-absorbed jerk offs all day long just lift of your shoulders. I think it's because with babies/toddlers, there are no prejudices, there's no battle for who has the most expensive sneakers, who has the biggest house, who's religion is correct, there's no popularity contest, no labeling of male/female behavior (none of the "that's gay, guys don't do this/girls don't do that"), no self-centered attention wh*res (male or female), etc. Their minds are free of the imprisonment we later place on ourselves, constrained by the bars of society's rules, our own insecurities, and the parameters of "reality". There's nothing more awe inspiring then watching a baby who has just learned to crawl explore the world around him/her. They don't care for boundries or limitations of what is and isn't possible. They are what existence should be before we ruin it for them.

Whoa....mini rant.... :unsure: I'll stop there lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info