3800 What do you think of this design

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
So my girlfriend designed a custom badge for me on some paper. Then I decided to put it on the computer so I could send it to a company to get it made. It was designed in Paint, so it may not look the best, but the idea is what im after. So does anyone know a company that makes custom badges. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. Just using plain silver and black. I know Drex can make custom badges, but didnt know if anyone else did. So let me know what you think.

TGP~decal.JPG

Also, I took some underhood pictures of my natually aspirated beast today. So I got bored and messed with my webpage....

http://s92003205.onlinehome.us/17944.html

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Uhhhh....There are a bunch of guys on the TGP forum that I'm willing to bet would be VERY interested in this! They come from the factory with a badge that says TURBO in big letters above, with a bar underneath it that says Grand Prix,

See badge at the top of this page

but I know there was a thread started on getting a badge that just said TGP on it instead, or even replacements since some of them are damaged or missing. I bet you could caliberate with them on finalizing the design, and possibly get a good sized order going if it will bring the over all costs down, and encourage a place to make them. I can like this thread to them, if you'd like.

On a side note, then only thing I'd change personally is to make it say Turbo underneath, instead of above.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Go ahead and link it over if you want. I would definitely think it would save some money to have a lot of people interested. Also, the reason she put the turbocharged on top is to make it different than the GTP badge, and help it stand out a bit more. But that is my/her personal preference, everyone likes different things.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
$150...seriously. I figured it could be high, but that seems extreme. Im going to have to source other options then. Heck, I could buy aluminum sheet, cut it up, and just get a decal made to put on it.

If all my options are that expensive then im going to have to stick with syp's idea here, and keep my car debadged.

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Ok, I posted a link to this thread on the TGPforum. We'll see what happens. I'm sure if you shop around a bit, you can find them cheaper than that. I personally would like to see the original TURBO badges remade. I think they look very sharp. They were only about $30 a piece from the dealer, but GM discontinued them a few years ago. :angry: Damn their oily hides!

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
No problem, its not for everyone.

RareGMFan, I talked to Chad Drexel about it, and he will make them out of brushed aluminum for $25 each. But he also said that if I got 50 or more, then he would sell them for $14.50 each. So let the guys over there know. I dont know if we can get that many people interested or not. If not, then I will probably post on the national board to see if any future turboers would want one. Also, the size would be 2" X 6". Which makes it a little taller and less lengthy as the GTP badges. Some pictures of the brushed aluminum design can be seen on this page:

http://www.gtpse.com/signsbydrex/custom_badges.htm

So let me know what they think, otherwise I will probably just get one set. Thanx.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info