3800 ZZP Alternator Overdrive pulleys

Allmachtige

STOP! Just stop...
Mar 12, 2008
Aurora, IL
I've got a 98 Bonnie SSEi, but still have an L67 so I was wondering if anyone uses (or has used) a ZZP alternator overdrive pulley. I was interested in checking out a 5% overdrive pulley because ZZP claims a gain in high rpm power, which is power I'd like to get back for the summer because I won't be doing rockers till later.

Heres the direct link: http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/products/...rive_pulley.htm

P.S.: I have an INTENSE (standard) PCM that shifts between 5800-6000rpms.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
It will provide a higher RPM for your ALTERNATOR (for more voltage to your car). This is useful for people with big systems or voltage draw problems - where their lights dim since the alternator can't supply enough current. You will slightly lose some power with this one.

a 10% UNDERDRIVE pulley will give you some upper RPM (engine) power since it doesnt use as much power from the crank to spin the alternator. However, if you have a system - you may see some problems with the lights dimming pretty bad when it starts to bump.

20% isn't really for street use...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Allmachtige
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list