3800 Car won't start

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Well we hoped today we would be the day for the olds, we got everything hooked up that we need to, all gauges working, fuel pressure at 7 1/2 psi, and we go to start the motor and it goes, but does not want to turnover, i know that there could be tons of things as to why this is happening, but we can't figure them out, does anyone have any idea of some reason the motor will not turnover?

Thanks

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Have you check spark and fuel? To check spark, i think you can take all your wires off, then take one of the spark plugs and plug it into the wire. Then ground the wire on the frame or something and try turning it over. See if it sparks. For fuel try a fuel pressure gauge if possible. Thats all I got.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Compression, spark, and fuel. When you have all three your on. Then timming. Is it poping? Meaning is it trying? If so you may need to redrop the distributer. #1 TDC then set the distibuter in with the rotor on the on the cap terminal that is on the #1 wire.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'm famous for this, check your firing order, then static time it to #1 cylinder. If it doesn't start then, you may need to double check the cam alignment to make sure the dots are lined up correctly. I assume the "Olds" is an old-school carburated ride. Good luck...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list