3800 New PB and need some help

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
Hey everyone, well went to Cordova yesterday to test out all the stuff I put on. I finally got a good 60' time, well good for me. The 60' was a 1.953 and ran a [email protected] on just the car. :D It was about 86 deg outside. Well for the hell of it I went down the track in street trim right when I got there, car was hot, and ran a [email protected]. I was actually suprised about that.

Well here is what I need help with. I have the DHP 1.0 and everytime I went down the track I hit the rev limiter going from first to second. I have done that before with NO2 but never with just the car. I did order the programer, and can't wait to get it, but what do I need to do to fix that? Thanks for the help.

John

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Agreed on the tranny part.

However, if you'd like some hope on the programming part: when I got a custom tune from charles, if the rev limiter was too close to the shift point, the car would bounce off the rev limiter for a second before shifting. We had to stretch the RPM gap between the shift points and rev limiter.

good luck :-/

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jul 3 2004, 08:43 AM
well everytime you hit thr limiter, with v1.0 your tranny is slipping :(
Not true.

If you have EXTREME mods, first gear revs real fast. What is rpobably happening is that the engine is still picking up enoguh rpms after the shift is requested that it hits the limiter BEFORE the trans actually performas the shift.

We can try to expand the window between shift point and limiter and that should solve the problem. If it doesn't, or the problem comes back a bit later, then its new trans time.

HTH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info