3800 Because I'm stupid

antpearl

Regular
Nov 21, 2008
Palatine
If I want to run a 3.2 pulley...what supporting mods do I need? Obviously I'm looking at CAI, Ubend/DP, Colder plugs, no MAF screen...anything else? How do I tell if I have knock if I have no knock guage or iccu or atap?
Thanks!
I would like to purchase the intense MPS with the 3.4, 3.25 and 2.9. What is the deal we get with them again? Oh yeah, and another DHP PCM, which isn't so bad considering I won the last one!

I

imported_snoop

if you want 12's, headers is a waste of money boss. you DO NOT need head work for a bigger cam, meaning no porting or anything like that. springs, retainers, and guides yes, but porting is optional. if you port your heads with a big cam, it will amplify the results of the cam but not necessary. all you really need is a IC and you can call it a day. it is all downhill from there. i run a 3.0 all day with no knock with just a IC and exhaust. 13.6@101 is my best. hope this helps.

taylordssei

Regular
Dec 15, 2008
Elmhurst
I'm ready to slap a 3.2 on now, sitting in my room, but I want to Atap first.
My supporting mods are Thrasher CAI, Gen 3 rockers, 105's, OR rods, TOG's and Hi flow, 104 plugs and Intense PCM. Think I should be ok.

What's an exceptable amount of KR to leave it on there, little spikes under 5KR ok? or should I try a 3.3 maybe to shoot for 0KR?

Hey Rob, YGM :D

What are reasonable expecations and requirements to get to the 12.8-13.2 range
From what I gather...headers seem to be the key or an IC or a BIG cam..but the big cam won't help unless there is head work and headers, correct?

TEP cam w/ springs
DHP
Stock manifolds
DP
Cutout
nittos & LSD
3.1 pulley

12.9 in IL
13.2 in TX in 95* weather

Headers would be nice, but Im pretty happy w/ the setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info