3800 Bad day for my GTP

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Well, My car had a very bad day yesterday.

I was driving my car when all of a sudden I noticed the RPM's read out on the ICCU went out. Than a cple minutes later the entire ICCU powers off. I was like great now my ICCU is fried. So all of a sudden the car starts to idles horribly and smell like fuel is pouring out the wazoo.

So i check the codes I throw and it shows en EVAp canister purge code and MAF no frequency code. Well this led me to beleive that maybe a fuse had been blown.

Luckily it turned out to be a blown 15 amp microfuse. I checked all the connections to the ICCU befor I put a new fuse in. All cheked out.

SO ICCU PROB and MAF prob sloved.

But the car was still smelling like fuel.. I end up driving to charles house. to get the ICCU timing programmed into the DHP. I pull up and start talking with Mike (superchargedgp) We end up priming the fuel system to see if we can locate any leaks. Well to our surprise i have injector 4 and injector 5 leaking like sivs.

SO we end up taking off the fuel rail in the middle of the street and it is 11:00pm and we have no light source other than a maglite As luck would have it there is a dealership that is open until 12:00 So we drive over there and ask for some L67 injector O-rings. Well the guy tells me they do not stock them. SO I tell him to give me the 3.1L o-rings.
We take them back and change out the rings. We prime the car and NO LEAKS !YEAH!!!

So now on to the PCM. Put it this way Charles went thru 3 burnt PCM's D'OH!! Befor the third one finally took a liking to my car.

Thanks to Charles thanks to mike and thanks to Jimmy and hale for answering the phone and reminding me about the MAF fuse. (BTW its fuse #21 and it is in the engine compartment fuse block) for all the help!!

You guys rock!!

As always another

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by alexgtp@Jul 1 2004, 01:20 PM
Come to think of I remember that. We should of ATAP the car and pulled the codes. ONly reason I thought it was a fuse was because I had t different codes..and both were somewhat unrelated..
We did atap it - MAF low frequency - fuse #21 was blown. ICCU was also not powering on.

Hell, we even asked you what you thought it was. You musta been too drunk :-/

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Jul 1 2004, 08:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Jul 1 2004, 08:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich@Jul 1 2004, 03:36 PM
Well I have a headache I need a beer..but other than that I can't complain...oh wait my bf sucks ass hes a drunk and he won't answer his damn phone and ya.. I'll rant n rave sumwhere else hollar back youngggins
your BF drinks at 3 PM lol

TOOOOOOL :lolsign: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lolsign: :lolsign:

I thought you were gonna say you had duel ram air vents on your hood or something. :asskick: :asskick:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info