3800 Caught Drag Racing

Well I was at the gas station getting gas, and a Camaro rolls in, and we start talking about cars for 10 minutes. I kinda know the guy. Well I pay for my gas and he leaves exactly when I do and we are rolling at about 20 mph. I hear him gas it, so I do knowing I would lose, but having fun going 20-55 or 60 on and off. I notice cherries and the Camaro gets pulled over!

Then I have a Hyundai Sonata following behind me, and before I know it Im getting pulled over! 30 seconds roll by and 5 COP cars are behind me! The cops tell me to drop my keys out the window, keep my hands up, and get out of the car! I have shotguns pointed at me? I walk backwards to the cop and get handcuffed, and my friend (passenger) the same way.

Come to find out the guy I was messing around with says that I pointed a gun at him, and thats why he was driving fast? Cops search, and obviously find no gun, and un handcuff us.

I get two tickets; one for drag racin, and the other for a reason to pull me over of being no front license plate. My car was also towed.

Now I have to pay $250 to get my car back tomorrow, and pay for these tickets. Most likely the license plate will be dropped, and who knows after that.

I'm tempted to get rid of my damn car and quit racing, cuz its not worth it. I learned my lesson.

Wizair Intake, 3.4 Pulley, and a 2000 DHP possibly for sale. I will let you guys know.

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
It's not the car getting the tickets. Keep the car and just be careful. I kknow the feeling when it comes to tickets. I have plenty on my record that I would like to say I didn't deserve, but it was fun till I got them... all of them!! LOL..... It's just a hard lesson to learn! Keep the car and just remember, there's a time and place for racing, just don't get caught! You probably would have never gotten pulled over if that guy hadn't said you had a gun! That was the problem!!! Just don't race him again!

I

imported_snoop

to me that is a bunch of BULLSHIT!!!! i would bet money that the guy did not say that all. i bet that the cops saw a kid in the car and just wanted to fuck with you. no gun or nothing was said, the pigs just wanted to be dicks because you were screwed anyway. as for all that stuff happening to you, call me a ass or say or do what you will, but you deserve it. that is why there is dragstrips for that shit. if a little kid or just a innocent person was just getting off work or something like that and just wanted to go home and you hit a pothole or something and lose control of the vehicle and hit them or just miss them or something like that, then you would feel like even more shit then just getting you car towed. i dont feel ANY pity for you at all for what you did. you deserve everything you get. i'm sorry call me what you will but after my sister had a little girl and i see how she looks up at her uncle(me :) ), i look at people driving down my street fast and people racing where there is public around, and it just drives me crazy now. that is why there is back roads(like 98 gtp toy said) and dragstrips where it is safe. i hope you learned from this, cuz it was just plain stupid. if this was on a backroad then disregard and i appologize but it dont sound like it.

Caedo

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
First off i would get a good lawyer if i was you, the laws have changed regarding drag racing and not in a good way. My brother got pulled over doing this and well lets just say its costed him about 2k but you might be better off. Oh another thing try and request a video see if the cops really had a reason to pull you over.

Juan

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
You should always drag at abandoned roads or late at night. I've raced while it was congested before, but that's no fun especially with ppl around. The last thing I want is someone coming out in front of my car or some idiot that doesn't know how to drive get scared and make a stupid mistake and cause an accident that could have serious or fatal consequences. I don't consider myself the best driver, but I'm a damn good one. I race because I love it but I do it responsibly at night and in areas that are not congested with pedestrians. There is a huge risk you take everytime you get into your car so please drive responsibly. You have learned your lesson but this doesn't mean its time to sell the car and get something else it just means be more responsible and becareful where you race. I don't race in the burbs because cops are dicks out there hell come out and race in the city cops prefer us racing in an abandoned road then being idiots on the highway or on a congested street. Well that's all I have to say.

As for your tickets just get a good lawyer and don't worry about it the worst that could happen is supervision and a small fine if any, that is as long as you don't have any prior speeding tickets or drag racing tickets. That's my opinion.

Leo

I know I learned my lesson, and it was stupid doing it where I did. I never exceeded 60 mph where the LIMIT is only 45. I never spun the tires, or held it to the floor the whole time. We were pacing back and forth thats all.

I understand there are better places to race, and I never really raced him we were being idiots I know.

I've never been to the track, and I need money, so I might sell a few of my mods. Im going to drive better, but I still love the world of tuning. Im just in the whole with how much my car is worth, and how much I owe.

As to what Snoop said "as for all that stuff happening to you, call me a ass or say or do what you will, but you deserve it." I disagree with u totally. I deserved the tickets, car being towed, but not to have my car SEARCHED, have shot guns pointed at me, and get handcuffed.

Thats all because of the other guy lying, but I understand that the cops are doing there job and playing it safe.

The other guy will get his, and that is besides the point. I paid got my car back, and will wait til court to see what happens.

Thanks for the opinions, and I was just letting you all know I learned my lesson, and I figured it was a story to tell.

LoCoZ

Apr 24, 2008
Villa Park, IL
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Jun 30 2004, 02:51 AM
That's what country roads are for, not cities ;) . But that sux to hear man, dont give up, just start practicing self control. Besides, you wouldnt want to get a ticket for drag racing in a stock civic or sufire....would you?
Tell that to my brother who got a ticket for doing 100 in the middle of nowhere! :ph34r:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
that sux dude :( stop light to stop light type races aren't what I consider drag racing ... I have no issue w/cops showing up to organized spots... but out of the blue racing while illegal... sux to get a ticket :(

I don't do organized street racing... and as of late don't even do stop light to stop light racing since my license is worth more... (plus I can't get ANY traction on the street)

Get a good lawyer and you'll be ok... thi sis Illinois afterall....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info