3800 Hmmm... where's this go???

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
IMG_4073.jpg

I guess that somehow all goes into here???
IMG_4069.jpg

http://www.transamws6.net/images/GuttedInterior/

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by SweetGTP99@Jun 27 2004, 04:00 PM
yeah about time you took all the shit out of that car i could not even fit my 170lbs skinny ass in it b-4 I to have a lift :lolsign:

t-tops where they going to go now??
i'll put the T-Top storage brackets back in and they'll go in their normal spot :)

I just finished yanking the carpet out... car looks REALLY ghetto w/out carpet heh ... i'm not sure if I'm going to buy the precut light weight carpet from speed Inc or if i'll just hit home depot and make my own...

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
most of it will not be going back in... I'll put the driver and passenger seats back in, and install some lightweight carpet after the cage is in ... driver seat will be a black Forza II ... i may buy another for passenger (these TA seats are fuggin heavy!)

Definetly won't be tubbed next summer... but she just *may* be blown :D (haven't decided yet... I'd need new heads to bring the compression down ... and the blower ... so it'd be ~7000-8000 in parts ... but would be cool to have a blown 382 LS1 :D

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
There aren't really any good do it yourself turbo kits out there for the LS1... and I think i'd rather go supercharged for simplicity

vortech supercharger w/aftercooler is 6500 bux new
CNCed 6L truck heads (to bring compression down from my current 11.3:1) are about 1500-2000
fuel i should be fine... maybe a bigger pump (walbro 255 in there now) ... 42lb injectors (at 3 bar, but LS1s operate at 4 bar so they're like 48lb injectors)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Mike,

Let me know if you have a premade kit in mind. I have dealer accounts everywhere and for something that I wouldn't otherwise sell, I don't mind hooking people up. I ask for 5% above cost. :)

How do they lower the compression in those motors? It's just a thicker head gasket I presume?

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Mike K@Jun 28 2004, 12:44 AM
Mike,

Let me know if you have a premade kit in mind. I have dealer accounts everywhere and for something that I wouldn't otherwise sell, I don't mind hooking people up. I ask for 5% above cost. :)

How do they lower the compression in those motors? It's just a thicker head gasket I presume?
Sweet! I'll let ya know :)

stock head gasket height (though they do make thicker gaskets) but the 6 Liter truck heads have a much bigger combustion chamber...

(example... when I got heads last year, I went w/the 5.3L truck heads because they have smaller combustion chambers than the LS1 heads (once machined) but the same head thickness.. so I was able to bump compression to 10.8:1 w/out milling the heads so didn't loose any piston to valve clearance)

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Hey Mike I have a friend who has a turbocharged SS Camaro the shit is fast as hell. I think you should talk to him and see what he has done to it. The guy doesn't really want to cut the car loose for all the power its pushing and is afraid to run it WOT, but I've seen him spank an SVTLightning that runs 11's on Archer a red one with the plates saying "BOOST". If you want to meet the guy come on out to Archer one weekend and trust me you'll see him if not I'll point him in the clubs direction and see if he'll register and just come and hangout with us sometime.

Leo

P.S
Holdin out on us with your lift huh?? :( :( I thought we were friends...... :( :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info