3800 PFYC pillar pod.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Did anyone purchase one of these? I purchased a 2 gauge one...

I am having problems with fitment, when I line it up just perfectly the screws arent hitting the metal piece in the back. So when I try to make a mark on where to drill there is nothing and I have no idea where to drill at...

Also, when installing a electrical oil pressure gauge what type of wire did you guys use to go from the sender to the back of the gauge? And do you really need to hook up the ignition switch?

I would like to install the oil pressure gauge without having to remove the negative battery cable, as it fubars my XM radio. Think I will be ok???

Thanks!

Joel

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Joel,

The gauge is a Lotek gauge pod (they make pretty much every gauge pod available) and I also experienced the same fitment problems with my 3 pillar pod. I finally said screw it and just put it over the existing pillar. You can't tell the difference.

Did you ever get those manifolds installed? Sorry I flaked on you. The roof on our garage collapsed and I am workshop less currently. :(

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Thanks guys for the replies,

I did it Mike K's (Thanks Mike!) way and just aligned the pillar with the old pillar and drilled it together, it looks pretty good!

My dremel just wasnt strong enough to go thru the metal :(

Mike,

I have not had a chance to get the manifolds and downpipe in yet. I was occupied for awhile trying to get rid of my valve float after I put on the Gen 3 1.9 rockers.

Thanks!

Joel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info