3800 New PB and my sour feelings towards RT 66

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well I'll start off by bitching. My first run out was my best run because after that they informed me that I could no longer use my parking brake when doing burnouts. That put the cap on the evening and things went downhill from there.

My PB (keep in mine pre-intercooler) was a [email protected]

That was my first run and my best run. Judging by the trap speed the car should have a high 13 in it... right?

On to the traction problems... Those of you running slicks, do you find that you need to use your parking brake when burning out? Other people running stock tires, what do you do? I'm dumbfounded. It's not like I can install a line-lock on the car!

I didn't do better than a 14.2 for the rest of the night and got wheel spin on each run.

Because of the way that the rear brake lines work I had to have 2 line lockers. One for each line. They work and I find it easier to use then the parking brake.

I'm having troubles w/ my front suspension so the car will be up on jacks. Ill take some pics for ya. I had a local shop do the install of the lockers.

Your trap seems low for 13's what where your 60ft times

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Rt 66 sucks like that, that's why I stopped going there. I've been kicked out of there at least 3 times on the bike. The last time, I was warned about going faster than 120 through the traps w/o a ign kill tether, I was hitting the brakes before the end of the 1/4 and never went over 120, and still kicked me out, because my et's were low (10.30's). The time before that was because over 120 w/no full leathers, so I had them for the last time. I was pissed about spending hundreds on full leathers, and still getting kicked out...haven't been there since!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The track itself is great. I don't think I've been to a track that had better traction, but it is a little pricey.

I did speak to the official that warned me and he was cool about it. He told me that he really didn't know why that was the case but that he "thought" it may have to do with them being afraid of me wearing out the rear brakes and causing a failure on the track, however I can't see this being any more of a problem than a line lock or even brake torquing for that matter....

As for the line lock, I assume you had to install two because of the cross over design of the system. It is designed so that if you lose a caliper or line pressure, you will still have one front and one rear caliper left working.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info