3800 Project Turn an elephant into a pig

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I've contemplated doing weight reduction in the car in the past... but everytime decided against it... I like haveing AC, I like having a subwoofer, etc etc...

well... the time has come

My A/C is useless... the car gets too hot if I'm stuck in traffic... and if I'm cruising that's what T-Tops are for!

AC Compressor 21.5 Yes
AC Condensor 8.5 Yes
AC Fan Motor Yes
Air Bag -- Passenger 13.5 Yes
Air Bag -- Driver 4 No
Bumper Support-- Front 23 Yes
Bumper Support-- Back 21 Yes
Carpet 34 Yes
Air Pump 7 Yes
Seatbelt -- Passenger 4 Yes
Seat -- Passenger 34 Yes
Seats -- Rear 19 Yes
Spare Tire and Jack 35 Yes
Sway Bar 14 Yes
Windshield Washer Fluid 9 Yes
Gas 52.5 Yes
Sub & Amp 60 Yes
K-Member and A-Arms 40 Yes

so there's my weight reduction mods :) that's 400lbs
Plus I'm dropping my heavy TA leather seat and getting a Forza II seat (black)
http://www.corbeau.com/products/forza2/forza2.shtml#

Also some more goodies are coming this week :)

1. 4400 Stall, 2.7STR Yank Pro Thruster 9" Converter
2. Chromoly Adjustable Pan Hard Rod
3. Battery Relocation kit (battery's going where nitrous is, nitrous is going where rear seats are)
4. Small Lightweight defroster to be mounted in dash

when all is said and done car should be about 3400 race weight w/me in the car ... this new converter should solve the MPH loss problems I was experiencing (will take time to get used to driving around on it though... Old converter 2.5STR and 3600RPM stall... new verter 2.7 STR and 4400 RPM stall ...)

All that's left now is to dump the heavy catback and install some dumps w/borla mufflers to quiet it down, and to get the roll cage welded in...

I

imported_GraFFix

Awesome!

3400lbs with that HP is going to rock. When do you think all this is goiung to happen. That Viper/vette event at GLD is going to be happening soon...if its ready you should definatly bring it :) Ill let you know more info as I know more..heh

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by xttc2000@Jun 22 2004, 01:38 PM
how much does the stock fuel tank weigh?

could possibly be worthwhile to pull it and put a lightweight fuel cell in.
not sure of the weight... I know the 98s were 18lbs heavier than the 99+ tanks cause 99+ were plastic whereas 98 were metal...

It would be a pretty good savings w/a fuel cell... but once the car's all done it still needs to be driveable :) and it's kinda hard to drive long trips w/a fuel cell heh

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
i dont know who you have doing your cage, but i know this guy named Wally that has been big in the racing scene for a while now, and he charges ACTUAL time spent working on it at 35 an hour. he says hes done dozens of them, and anyone that sees his name plate doesnt inspect any further at the track.

give him a call (630)993-1178
hes in addison by the odeum

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by dole21@Jun 22 2004, 05:21 PM
horist...whats your goals for the car? have you set one you want?
the Goals are high 10s on motor ... but I'll take low 11s ...

#1 goal is to make it through a season w/out anymore trans, rearend or engine problems
#2 goal is to run 11.2 or better on motor
#3 goal is to run 10.7 or better on spray
#4 goal is to be able to do all of this and still drive the car 7 hours to Bowling Green Kentucky for the F-Body Celebration

At this point I think i'm going to go w/Alston to do my cage...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info