3800 Horrible Service @ Bill Kay Pontiac GMC

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
I bought a 2000 Trans Am from them back in March. There were a few items that they were to fix for me and I had them in writting. Well one of them was the service engine light. The problem was that the K&N filter the previous owner had on the car was over oiled and was clogging the MAF sensor. I also believe there was another code they failed to tell me about which was the cat codes. Because everytime I had it serviced the light would come back on shortly after I left the dealer. Well to get to the point now they wont pay for that to be fixed even though I have it in writting. I beleive they hid the fact the cat code was on so they wouldnt have to pay for it. Now I wanted them to replace the cats under the 8 year 80k warrenty but they said they couldnt because the car has an aftermarket muffler (flowmaster) which was on the car when I bought it. Even though they sold it like that they wont replace the cats under that warrenty. These people have been making every excuse up under the sun to not pay for these problems. I wanted to forewarn everyone about this dealership. I asked him if a few hundred dollars was worth ruining a business relationship and they flat out said they didnt care. Is this anyway to conduct business. I think not. I've had it with this dealership and the morons that run it. STAY AWAY FROM BILL KAY GMC IN DOWNERS GROVE ILLINOIS ON OGDEN AVE.

P.S I also told them I would be displaying this all over the internet on local forum boards and they said it wouldn't do anything to make empty threats. Little do they know how powerful these forums are. Jokes on them.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Wow thats messed up. they usually take care of me one of the Service people at the desk name Jim he drives a White GTX GP were always talking about the GP and what he has done to it. I told him about the Club. Now the women up there her name is Bonnie sometimes she can something from what I heard.

Sorry to hear what happen. Sound like you might need a Lawyer.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Yeah I've been dealing with Bonnie and Vince the serivce manager also the used sales manager John Shaw. Bonnie is a joke and shouldn't be working in that position. She always acts like she is to busy and doesnt have the customer service skills to be good at her job. She is a waste of time.

I'd like to forward them the links to the five other sites i have sent it to and i have a list of 15 more at home that are somewhat local boards as well. I just don't know what they can do to me...would this be considered slander.

The main thing im getting at here is i hope people talk to there parents and advice them to stay away from this dealership. I know when my parents are looking to buy they ask me if ive heard anything negative about a place they are considering to buy from.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Originally posted by dsk727@Jun 21 2004, 03:30 PM
yeah I had my tires replaced there under warranty even though I didn't buy my GA there... Jim was really nice to me. Sorry to hear about your bad situation. Hope they see this and realize it will affect a lot of local people and fix your problems! Good Luck!
That is basically all I want. If they resolve this issue I'll have the threads deleted and make a post on how they made is problem right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info