3800 Anyone ever heard of this, or know how to do it?

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
One of my brothers friends was telling me that there is some manual out there that shows how to turn up the superchargers all the way on a GTP, has anyone ever heard of this or know how to do it??? Hwe teld me that they did it in a friends car but after about 20K miles the engine basically blew up, but iw as just wondering if this was possible and if anyone knows how to do it.

Thanks

Ummm "turn up"??? This is a Supercharger, not turbo. The only way to add boost to these is by making them spin faster (changing the SC's pulley, or the crank pulley's diameter). Otherwise if you are looking to blow it up by not changing that just remove the blow off valve and then watch it go boom.

Turbo's can be controled by electric devices, but not belt driven superchargers.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Well it's just that a stock GP comes with what 200HP?? and a GTP only has 40 more HP, i thought a supercharger was supposed to crank out abnout 75-100% more power. I'm just going by what i was told from someone who actually did this. I could be right i could be wrong, so i dunno :blink:

Ohh yeah... remove all the unneccessary pulleys (AC, power steering, alternator, and run the smallest belts and maybe it might spin faster creating more boost.

Basically with superchargers since they are belt driven they put more drag on the motor. The only real way of getting that power back is to some how make them run without the crank having to power it. The stock L36's have 200 HP but their compression is also higher (9.0:1 I believe) and the timing is increased over a L67 which has a 8.5:1 compression so that it can accept more boost. A L67 without the SC might put out 180 HP, and these SC's are supposidly good for 100 HP increase or so but it looses about 40% of that increase on the motors HP so basicaly the SC is good for 60 HP give or take. Don't quote me on those numbers, but that is the basic concept.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Not sure how much a stock GT has but like blitzu said SC's boost is tuneable with the pulley size this will change your HP percentages.

If you refering to adds for SCers giving these numbers they are somewhat missleading. They have the potential to deliver these numbers. What they dont tell you is you'll need to COOL the intake charge down to achieve it. IC.WI, PI, ect...

Generally, a safe, stock equivelent boost rating can be between 5-9psi.(before you start generating potentially dangerous heat factors) This certianly wont achieve 75-100% Now if you IC and change to a smaller pulley you will get closer to those numbers.

Does this make sense?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info