3800 My new PB!!!

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I just got home from Pontiac Nationals in Cordova and I am very happy with the way the car ran. Friday night was the first time this car has been raced with its new setup, and to be honest I was very frustrated at first with it, getting 13.1's. And to top it all off i couldnt tune the car at all because my autotap kept cutting out. So I decided to make a phone call to Ed Morad for some advice, he told me to change a few things with the ICCU, I went up and made another pass...12.95 (thanks ED[:D]). I ended friday night with a 12.90 and was somewhat happy with it but still frustrated, but i decided to drink and party with everyone for a celebration of my 12's, lol. This morning i got the autotap working, but with a non-functioning laptop battery...so it would only turn on when the car was on, and because it isnt the newest laptop it takes a while to load up, so....i had to leave the car running the entire time i was in the staging lanes so that i could log my runs. First pass this morning i ripped off a [email protected] woohoo. I made 6 more passes today and not one pass was slower than the one before, the car was dropping at least .05-.10 every run. By the end of the day on my last pass in the brackets i nailed a [email protected]!!! I was ecstatic, i had dialed in for the brackets at a 12.60 so that even if i broke out i would be happy, because my goal for the weekend was 12.5, and i got it. I know the car will go faster, but i couldnt race anymore because i was knocked out of the brackets. All of the times were with the stock blower, stock throttle body, completely stock transmission, no intercooler, and no nitrous. I have to thank a few people here, without them this would not be possible. The 2 people that i could not have done this without...Ed Morad and Chris Green, all the countless phone calls and stupid questions have finally paid off...i am seriously on the phone with these guys 2-3 times a day picking their brains and asking for parts. I now need to thank Scott Cook and Big Jeff....Scott has shown so much support for me in this and it is awesome how much he will to help someone, same goes for Big Jeff, this guy has talked me through so many things when i first put the car together. Another big thanks to Alex, Hale, Mike and J/O for all the wrench time they put in on this car. and any others I missed.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jun 19 2004, 09:35 PM
All of the times were with the stock blower, stock throttle body, completely stock transmission, no intercooler, and no nitrous.

Now that's some impressive shit my friend. I can't believe your trans held up to the TQ!!! We all know you threw a lot of money at your car but many have spent more and gone slower.....so be proud you spent it the right way (thx to invaluable advice from those you've already thanked). Looks like we have a new big dog on the board..... :D

Sweet deal dude! runing a 12.5 wit internal shit only...WOW....i can't wait to see whut you would run wit a intercooler, new tb, and some other shit...11's here you come! Same wit a tranny! Congrats dood

Lataz

BTW, Thanks for being home thursday! B*TCH!

Shout out goes to alex. THANK YOU!

Maybe you deserve a little thank you for letting us do it in your driveway. thank you

Aight latz

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by burtgtp1973@Jun 19 2004, 11:07 PM
hey Miller congrats dude ... just out of curiosity .... what size pulley were you running ? or did you change them througout the day ?
Good job! Give us more info on your set up...Did you run drag radials/slicks? Pulley size? What were you 60fters? How much timming were you seeing?

Sounds like your going to have an 11 sec car soon.

Originally posted by 12secGTP+Jun 22 2004, 08:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (12secGTP @ Jun 22 2004, 08:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP@Jun 19 2004, 09:58 PM
fastest GTP in the club :woot:  :yay:
congrats on the times miller. just wait till you get this LS1 on :)

hate to say this but you have a few 10ths to go b4 you are the fastest. I ran a 12.37 before I took my parts off. ;) wont be long tho b4 you blow right by me :D :headbang: [/b][/quote]
Chrys, how did you go from running a 12.97 to a 12.37?? You had to spray especially with that trap speed. Common give up some info :) ... where and when did you run this?

Originally posted by blitzu+Jun 24 2004, 12:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blitzu @ Jun 24 2004, 12:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 12secGTP@Jun 22 2004, 08:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@Jun 19 2004, 09:58 PM
fastest GTP in the club :woot:  :yay:

congrats on the times miller. just wait till you get this LS1 on :)

hate to say this but you have a few 10ths to go b4 you are the fastest. I ran a 12.37 before I took my parts off. ;) wont be long tho b4 you blow right by me :D :headbang:
Chrys, how did you go from running a 12.97 to a 12.37?? You had to spray especially with that trap speed. Common give up some info :) ... where and when did you run this? [/b][/quote]
the 12.97 was run with a 325 pully, no cam, no ic and no pcm tuning also with a faulty AF pigtail. the 12.37 is with my cam, sr rockers, the SC running with a 2.8 and the proper PCM tuning as well as the O2 crap fixed.
I DID NOT and WILL NEVER spray....

i ran it at GLD the week before the mod day

the fact that I am doubted by ANY of you really pisses me off! but I do have a slip to prove it.... not that ANY of you will EVER see it.

it matters not anyway... I am done with the GP, done with the club and most of the people in it. between bumpin, LP and pictor, my times will be long forgotten rather quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info