3800 Lost to a Stang

I was at work, and a co worker has a 2000 Mustang Auto GT. We have been talking about racing for a while, and we finally went on break at the same time and raced.

He had me on the launch by 1/2 - 3/4's car, and we were even all the way up to 90. He won by less than a car.

His Mods = Intake, Exhaust, Computer, and 3.73 gears I believe?

My Mods = Wizair, 3.4, DHP

Im going to race him again within two weeks, but all Im going to do from now until then is put a 160 Tstat instead of my 180, put in my one heat range colder plugs, rotate tires, and get rid of the U bend finally.

Think I can beat him with that, or do I need to get them damn rockers? Im going to get them but my money is going to a Tampa trip instead.

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by BlackGTP@Jun 19 2004, 08:55 PM
I put 100 Octane in the night before suprsingly for the first time too see what Id notice. I just noticed a lil better throttle response. I put 2-3 gallons in with a 1/4 tank. Is that good, and what harm can it do to a car?

Bad for the cat I know.
nothing at all my friend. the only problem with race fuel is digging a little deeper in the pocket. it wont mess anything up at all. no cat no 02 sensor nothing. it is still unlead fuel, so as long as you can afford it, have fun with it. it is all safe no side effects

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by BlackGTP@Jun 19 2004, 08:55 PM
I put 100 Octane in the night before suprsingly for the first time too see what Id notice. I just noticed a lil better throttle response. I put 2-3 gallons in with a 1/4 tank. Is that good, and what harm can it do to a car?

Bad for the cat I know.
The only thing is its harming is you KR and you wallet. If you run the tank down and fill it with a staight 100 you'll see a bigger response when the PCM learns it. I did that on the weekends when I was racing around. Then again I never really ran much more than a 1/4 anyway.
This KR killing process left me at the pump all the time but was effective. Especially in the winter. When temps are up in the summer, keep in mind, you'll have to run more octane to keep KR down.

Then throw a tap on it. Blend 93 in it untill you see KR returning and you will find out what mixture you can get away with.

Sorry if highjacked your post BlackGTP. I was eating up stick(stock) Stangs by about a car in the winter with a 3.25", ram air ducted air box w/K&N, Fan relays, DP, Generic cat back, NGK plugs, 160 drilled, 100 octane/blended and some insulation removed.

The only original plans I had was a smaller pulley,headers,PCM and WI. But I got crazy..........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info