3800 Anyone wanna make a little money

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Tomorrow (Friday) At BK, my friend with a mustang is goin up there, and he wants to race anything for money, because he thinks he can run a 12.5 in the 1/4 with his automatic 2001 GT.

It has the following....

7"KN intake
X-Pipe
Superchip
Throttle Body
Rear End (he says he has a 6 spd automatic now)
Eagle f1 tires, and he barley chirps when he floors it.... but he cant launch for shit.

I raced and beat him with all those mods, excluding the REar end. So anyone wanna kill a horsey?? :D

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
what is the rear end ratio? 4.10:1, 3.73:1, 3.90:1? That is the big difference. IIRC No one manufactures a 6 speed automatic for any domestic car as of yet. Ford and GM just finished building a 6sp auto, but it isn't due for release until i think 06. He does NOT have a 6 spd, unless he spent the money to have one developed. In that case he is obnoxiously rich. In the mean time, even with a 4.10 rear end i doubt he is running 12.5. Maybe low 13's. thats assuming he didn't have an aggressive rear end to begin with, which sounds right if you outran him before the rear end. 3.23:1 or so sounds right for a stock GT. So going to a 4.10 would net him a few tenths, but not a whole second.

BC
:ph34r:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
he has a 6 speed auto from a rearend? sounds more like this kid doesn't know jack schitt :D (more likely he put bigger gears in.. manuals usually come with taller gears ... though unless I'm mistaken the only 6 speed manual mustang is the new design cobra? rest are 5 speeds...)

and if those are his only mods... only way he's going to run 12.5 is if he sprays that thing... an 01 GT is weak to start and his mods aren't going to cut 1.5+ seconds off his ET ...

I'd like to meet this kid :) but I'll be campin out at US41 tonight :(

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by horist@Jun 18 2004, 09:35 AM
only way he's going to run 12.5 is if he sprays that thing... an 01 GT is weak to start and his mods aren't going to cut 1.5+ seconds off his ET ...

ALOT of nitrous.

those things run 15.1's stock, and thats the fastest i've ever seen stock. those cars are a joke :rolleyes:

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
yes,the newer 4.6 2v mustangs run 14 FLAT bone stock and can dip into the 13s on a stickier tire.

the autos can range up tofrom 14.0 to 14.5, if you cant run a 14.5 in an automatic GT you need to just kill yourself.

hes got a 13.7 at best in the 1/4 with his mods, ill run him tonight if he doesnt back down.

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Jun 18 2004, 01:57 PM
I raced a mustang gt 5.0 ('95?) back when my car ran a 15.3, and only lost by 2 cars with the mustang barely pulling.  I know stick fox body's can run mid 14's stock, but theres no way his can do that well.
thats more realistic.

those cars are not that fast at all unless there is a blue bottle in them, or alot of money invested in it. this guy is gonna need alot more than a gear to win any kinda money tonight. have fun with this guy fellas

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I beat the hell out of one with a 3.4" pulley. That was like 10K ago. There is no way possible they run low 14's. And if you were told that, they lied. They dyno at like 200 hp. ALL GT's. My buddies 99 cobra dynoed at 235 with a cat-back and intake.
Maybe the new ones do and I don't know that, but we are talking about an older one

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Ouch! That's Weak! At least Ford circled there problem

ford.03.jpg

:lolsign:

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by RynosGP@Jun 18 2004, 04:20 PM
A budy of mine dyno'd his 98 Stang GT 5spd with 3.73 gears, chip, off-road x-pipe, flowmaster exhust at only 163 rwhp. Then he put on heads and headers and dyno'd 213 rwhp. He ran a 15 flat in the 1/4.

Ryan
thats all their good for. they are nothing at all. i dont see why people give them respect(unless they have never been to a track). in order to make them fast, there has to be ALOT of money or ALOT of nitrous. there is no other way

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info