3800 v8 LEXUS goes down!!

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Well tonight after putting on my last set of deals, i decided to go out cruising looking for people to race. Nothing would bite until i was on the way home. I usually drive faster than others, so i was cruising along, then i see these headlights come up pretty fast with birght yellow Foglamps. The guy, who must have been at least 65 yrs old, passed me when i was doing 50 in a 35-40 zone. So we hit a light right after that. I look over, and he looks really wrinkley and old. I see the adjacent stoplight turns yellow, so the old man inches out, and i have a very strong feeling he is gonna gun it. light turns green, and i hear him chirp. Doing one of my better launches, I pass him by 20mph, and he lets off once we get outta first gear. (50mph for GP) After that i slowed to 35 in a 40, and he wouldnt pass me, he just kept staying back.

2001ish Lexus GS 430
http://www.automotive.com/lexus/11/gs430/
300HP 325TQ
4.3L v8

And yes he was trying :D

Ryan

I

imported_GraFFix

Stock gear is 2.79 i believe...

Hmm..I have 3.29's and can hang in 1st untill 40-45 if im on it..seems like 3.69's are hindering your power if its shifting that early..your leaving the powerband way to early.

Wanna race a 100K mile non-intercooled car?? :p

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by GraFFix@Jun 18 2004, 01:26 AM
Stock gear is 2.79 i believe...

Hmm..I have 3.29's and can hang in 1st untill 40-45 if im on it..seems like 3.69's are hindering your power if its shifting that early..your leaving the powerband way to early.
Taller gears (3.69) would also put your RPM's higher in that gear. I'm not sure what the conversion is, but it sounds like he is shifting at stock DHP rpm (6k) when he hits 35.

Personally, I would love 3.69 gears, maybe I could actually use some of my power...my races are over by the end of 2nd gear :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• syP
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list