3800 Getting frustrated...

Well I just payed 90 bucks to get my injectors cleaned today and it helped a little. I was gonna meet with Justin on Saturday to have him do it, but he was busy. I figured I would go here cause I am sure Justin is gonna be real busy with the twins. The mechanic was telling me that my car smells like it is running lean. He recommends that I get bigger fuel injectors. He said my car is to modded for stock injectors. Are my injectors just shot? I mean, I have 105k miles on the car. Do I need to get bigger injectors? I don't really see any people with bigger flowing injectors unless they are really heavily modded. Would getting my car scanned figure out the solution. I mean, I got the fuel pump replaced, new spark plugs, and got the injectors cleaned, and it is running better. It still boggs alot. Thanks

Zack

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
FUEL PUMP ? FUEL FILTER ?

The first step in diagnosing fuel delivery problems in fuel injected vehicles is to VERIFY that you have proper fuel pressure at both idle and under load. You need to get a fuel pressure gau8ge that you can monitor while driving hte car.

Base pressure should be ~52PSI. Under load for each PSI of boost increase, you should see an increase in Fuel Pressure to correspond. So if you have a base pressure of 52 psi and you have 10 lbs of boost, you should hit 62 PSI of fuel. If you do not, something is wrong.

Charles

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by beyerch@Jun 14 2004, 09:43 PM
FUEL PUMP ? FUEL FILTER ?

The first step in diagnosing fuel delivery problems in fuel injected vehicles is to VERIFY that you have proper fuel pressure at both idle and under load. You need to get a fuel pressure gau8ge that you can monitor while driving hte car.

Base pressure should be ~52PSI. Under load for each PSI of boost increase, you should see an increase in Fuel Pressure to correspond. So if you have a base pressure of 52 psi and you have 10 lbs of boost, you should hit 62 PSI of fuel. If you do not, something is wrong.

Charles
See what your injector pulse with voltage is aswell.....You should be good...Who told you you need bigger squirters?

well the car is fixed now. it was just the spark plugs wires. i never really thought it would be them since they are taylor's and only have about 20k miles on them. i put stock ones back on thanks to james, and the car ran awesome. i just picked up some factory ones and put them on. james let me know when you want those wires back. thanks for letting me borrow them

zack

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hey Fredo.....Did you get that?

Sorry guys, Fredo (MyblueGTP) was having the same symptoms. I wanted to conver that to him.

Odd those Taylors went bad so fast. Did you burn one or something? If not send PRJ an e-mail. Let him know your not happy. Maybee he will take care of you.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hey Fredo.....Did you get that?

Sorry guys, Fredo (MyblueGTP) was having the same symptoms. I wanted to conver that to him.

Odd those Taylors went bad so fast. Did you burn one or something? If not send PRJ an e-mail. Let him know your not happy. Maybee he will take care of you.

ya i figured they would of lasted alot longer. i don't know what to look for if i burned one? if you mean on the outside, like if it was resting up against my headers, no. i had them all clear from that stuff. i know when i took them off, the piece you connect to the coil, those metal peg things were really dirty, so i cleaned them up really well. who knows. all i know is that the car is running really well now and i am happy. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info