3800 LP IC installed

VIN7

Apr 22, 2008
Finally got around to finishing the install of the IC. I took a little longer than I thought, but there were a lot of little things that I didn't think about. My cutout on the fuel rail mounting tab did not work out because of the material around that bolt hole on the ic rail is beefy. So I ended up bending some metal strap to secure the fuel rail. The MAP and EVAP solenoid are just zip tied, but I think I'll fab up some kind of mount for them and to replace the alt brace. I wired in a relay to turn the pump on.

I also installed the 3.0" pulley. I have 1.9 rockers, ported front manifold, 3" downpipe with no cat, and I am seeing 10.7 lbs of boost at the shifts. I did see some kr (>1.8), but that's with everything heat soaked and this is kicking it down while cruising along. Also, I did not open the manifold up any, so maybe that has some effect. I noticed that my O2s dropped, so I'll play with the mini afc 2.0 and see if I can get rid of it.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the IC.

Mike

VIN7

Apr 22, 2008
My first post I said >1.8* kr, I meant less than 1.8*. Not that it matters, because I added 2% fuel to the 9000 and 10000 mhz range with the afc and now have 0* kr.

J.E.T. sure no problem, come on down to Knoxville anytime :p

Just do it in stages, I mounted the radiator and pump one weekend and started putting together a list of things I needed. It really paid off because for once I installed something and I did not have to make any runs to the parts store. Once you get closer to the install send me an email and I'll see if I can give you any tips.

Later,

Mike

VIN7

Apr 22, 2008
Rob,

Yeah I added 2% fuel in the 9000-10000mhz range and the kr disappeared. Plus I had just reset the pcm and took it out for a spin. This car had moderate 4-5*kr running the 3.4" pulley, I'm still playing with it and I'll get it dialed in.

CoolGTX,

I only used the clear hose in a 1ft section from the ic to a coolant T fitting just to see air bubbles. I am searching for a clear coolant filter housing.

Mike

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
You will want the water from the radiator to pour into the resivoir and then into IC. It is OK if you have the pump in betwen them also. This way the cooled water will have another minute to cool even more. The resivoirs at auto zone are cool because they have a lid that pop off so you can fill it with some ice :)
I should fit the hoses pretty simple. I believe it has to barbed male fittings on each side of it. One on the top and one on the bottom.
Hope this helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info