3800 Questions about pullies and KR....

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by zeez gtp@Jun 11 2004, 05:48 PM
Should I go for it and just keep a close monitoring of my KR?
Nope...wouldn't recommend it. No KR is good KR as ANY KR causes the PCM to pull timing and timing = power. I'm not saying it's impossible to run the 3.2" but you'd probably be faster and doing less damage to your motor running the 3.4". I wouldn't push the KR issue either now that its getting hot out either. During the winter you can run a little too small of a pulley providing you've got the required fuel to go along w/the extra boost, but if you're getting 2* now on the 3.4" chances are that will at least double and maybe even triple in the summer heat.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
If you have any knock you don't want to drop in pulley size. As mentioned above, you'll most likely be running less power and risking damage. ZZP has a new "Short stack" intercooler kit that looks kind of cool for lightly modded cars and for $529.00 for an entire kit, it's hard to go wrong. :)

See, I was thinking about the "SS" intercooler. I knew that I would end up going with a modular system. I just didn't know if i could get away with going to a smaller pulley now. it's cool, i'm gonna hold off. believe me, it took a while for me to get my kr down to where it is. i'm not gonna start all over again. haha. thanks for all the input

Zack

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info