3800 Fuel rail size?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

BTW, what I want to use has very few sizes availible. I'd like to use it since it will make a nice, clean look. It's a barbed fitting, flared one end. The barb is 3/8", but the flare is 7/16", it's also stainless steel. Here's a pic:

VIN7

Apr 22, 2008
Ron,

I have cut the fuel rail on the snout side crossover and the line to the pressure reg. I also cut a notch on the snout-firewall side hold down bracket to fit around the IC. I used Parker flared fittings similar to what you posted, however, the barbed end I selected was for use with thier Push-Lok hose that is rated for 250psi and uses no hose clamps. The size for the two lines at the cut points is 3/8", I feel that I can bend/tweak the other lines to fit and not need to cut the regulator free from its mounting tab. Oh yeah, the fittings I used are 3/8" on flare and barb.

The only other line size on the rail is 5/16".

Good luck,
Mike

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Sorry, forgot to say, looks good. From what I found the absolute most anal way to do it for a clean instal, would to get weld-on fittings. I was thinking of doing it, the rail-side has a slip collar you weld on, then a compression fitting with stainless line. Price wasn't too bad. But it'd either have to be tig'd or brazed, and I'll never braze anything again if I could avoid it. I can't wait to get going on it. It's good to see that others had the same idea.

VIN7

Apr 22, 2008
Thanks, and I totally agree on the tig weld. If I still lived in FL, I'd would have gotten a buddy to tig some AN fittings and gone from there. My friend put a turbo buick motor in a RX-7 and stumbled across the Parker pushlok stuff. He used it in the fuel system, trans lines, and remote oil filter setup. Lots of miles and no problems with it. Recently he drove it from Orlando to Bowling Green, KY for the Buick Nats, put in 5 gals of 110 oct, go run a 10.90 @ 126, then head into town for dinner. He has a 3rd gen Rx-7 he working on now...

Hopefully I'll get LPs IC installed this weekend, I have everything else in place and I am ready for the results.

Mike

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
What kind of price are you looking at on those fittings and fuel lines guys? I dont know if it would be cheaper or not, but if your looking to do a custom fuel rail system you could buy some of this:

rail.jpg

http://www.force-efi.com/parts.htm

This may be my next project... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list