Burning oil

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Well all the verdict is in. I had sent the car back to ZZP because it wa still burning a small amount of oil. You could see it from the exhaust. Turns out the guides ( some ) were worn so they are replacing them and upgrading my seals. They hope to have the car done at the end of the week. The motor has had various tests done and they said it is very solid. I'm very excited about this. I'm having them look into a few other things while it is there. I hope to have the car back early next week! Just wanted to share. I know a lot of people have slammed ZZP but they came through for me and wanted to share. Also Zoomer was involved so I feel better about everything.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So this is how I got my car back from ZZP. Well, it's not burning oil anymore. I'm done, I think I'm going to take it to CarMax. IMG_20180808_150611.jpgIMG_20180808_150158.jpgIMG_20180808_150620.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Ugh. Always a slippery slope when that happens. I insist we install cameras, we have a ton of tow trucks in and out everyday, we have no idea what happens in back lot....

I usually keep an eye on what I work on. Few months I had a 6.4 that was mint and a week later customer sent a pic of what looked like a fucking power pole fell on his bed. Blamed us.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You can get a black fender anywhere, just roll with it and make sure you bury ZZP and their "outstanding customer service" on every 3800 forum you can find, and make sure you post how much money you spent just to have them fix something they fucked up in the first place.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Did the same carrier that it there and back? The carrier (and you) should have taken pictures before they loaded it. ZZP should have signed off that they received it and noted any damage.

I dropped it off VIA trailer and the fender and door we FINE.

This is the response I got.

The policy at ZZP is to report any customer vehicle damage or accidents, etc.
We don't discipline employees or damaging vehicles or pay commission or tie wages to incidents.
These policies are in place to reduce the chance that an employee would damage a car and not report it.
In our care, over the years damage has happened. Something fell on a car, someone backed into a car, etc. It happens.

On your vehicle there was no such damage reported and from the looks of the picture, it didn't happen today. Guessing.

I asked Steve and Jordan about the car and here's what they had to tell me.

There were no charges other than the sway bar he purchased.
He emailed me on Saturday June 9th and said “car is out front keys are in the glove box”. I stopped by and moved the car out back if my memory serves me correctly. I didn’t personally record anything. It would literally take PAGES to list out ‘whats wrong with the car’. it isn’t a very nice car. I whole heartedly believe that the fender was rubbing on the door when it arrived, and that is likely just got worse with us opening and closing it. I did not see any evidence of an impact on the fender (not that I inspected it super thoroughly or anything) its just one of ‘those’ cars….the window switch sticks, and you have to rock it around to get it to work. you have to open and slam the passenger door to get the window motor to work. the brakes barely stop the car. tons of clunks/rattles ETC. it’s a VERY tired, old car.

and Jordan:

We received this car with this is along with many others. The customer was not charged for the repair because the valve guides were worn on our cnc cylinder heads that had not been on the car a year. I want it to be known that regardless of how a car looks when it comes in the shop it is still taken care of as if it was ours. We wrap every car prior to working on it and take precautions in order to protect the car from damage.

Tomorrow I'll see if anyone else drove it. I've seen this issue before on older cars, it can happen from a variety of reasons but it does not appear to have happened in transport.

I feel truly insulted and offended from Steve's comments.. I understand my car is on stock suspension and planned to change that when I get the car back. I know the ball joints and things need to be replaced. My car has scratches and a dew dents but nothing like the fender is now.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I whole heartedly believe that the fender was rubbing on the door when it arrived, and that is likely just got worse with us opening and closing it.

Sounds like an admission of guilt to me. Anyone would notice the door hitting the fender and be super careful not to curl the fender in. They just said F it, "it's just one of those cars" and forced the door open and open and open.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Sounds like an admission of guilt to me. Anyone would notice the door hitting the fender and be super careful not to curl the fender in. They just said F it, "it's just one of those cars" and forced the door open and open and open.
But they’d treat any customers car, no matter how nice or not like their own :greasy:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So at least a week or so ago I emailed them back asking if any kind of compensation or refund would be given. Here is what I got back today.

Keep in mind the heads I bought from them were brand new and they said thats where the guider were that were worn. I don't know much about heads, but I would think they came with new guides. I could be wrong, again keep in mind I don't know. So they replaced the guides for free..

Jason, when you first contacted me about your car and the oil burning, you made some comment about the car being worthless now and you out of $, etc. I viewed this as a dramatic response because there was actually nothing wrong with the car's drivability. It made great HP and drove fine, it just burned oil on some startups (we now know due to worn guides). This is not a serious issue. Certainly not one meriting the talk of the car being worthless. It was really fine, albiet with an oil burning issue.

Jason's Notes: This was because they told me After me sending it up there after the 2nd time that I needed to replace the piston ring seals.

Now you're talking about junking the car because the rocker panels are rusty? Again, this is an overly dramatic response. Even if you didn't want the car or it did need to be scrapped, you'd still sell off the newly gone over motor making tons of HP and many other items. It just seems like a ridiculous comment to make.

When you say the car was not in this condition, do you think we rusted your rockers? Bent the car? Clearly the was WAS in some kind of condition. It's not like putting a normal vehicle on a lift is a new thing for us. We've done thousands of GP's. We care for them all the same. Eventually every car has issues and rocker panels rusting out happens to every GP in northern climate. We're not going to be responsible for someone's older vehicle. We didn't age it or do the rust/structural damage to the car. That's not even possible.

You reached out, we worked on the car for free. We did a lot of work and involved a lot of people at absolutely zero cost to you. Now you say the car (which left her driving fine) needs to be scrapped and you wish for a refund?? Refund of what? We didn't charge you anything. Anyone asking for a refund on a car that was worked on for free, that came in running fine and left running fine doesn't seem like a reasonable customer to me.

The car is going to be junked if no one buys the car ( Motor and trans ) by October 31st. That is when the plates expire.. If someone could post or link this on clubGP I would appreciate it because I cant post on there for some reason and admin still has not emailed me back..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info