3800 what might i run in a quarter?

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
youll beat a mustang gt, or 01cobra. SO draw your times from there. Or you can go on the main club site and search through peoples sigs and find out what they run with those mods. if the car has run 13.7 at the track then you are probably running like 13.9-14.0 assuming the same 60' between the track and street.
BC

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Truthfully, Ryan, you will no matter what run about .2-.3 seconds slower than what you should, just because you don't have experience with launching a fast(er) car.

There really was no skill in launching the almost stock GT you had.

As for the passenger and spare, etc in there...add another .15

By the end of the night at the strip, I'm sure you will improve your time by about 1/10th, but you still need technique.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Jun 9 2004, 06:47 AM
Truthfully, Ryan, you will no matter what run about .2-.3 seconds slower than what you should, just because you don't have experience with launching a fast(er) car.

There really was no skill in launching the almost stock GT you had.

As for the passenger and spare, etc in there...add another .15

By the end of the night at the strip, I'm sure you will improve your time by about 1/10th, but you still need technique.
James.....have you seen his launch against that Mustang GT??? It was sweeet. I wish I could launch my GT like that.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
James... it is impossible to launch my GT.. I only had like 20% tread on the Eagle RSA's, It has alot of low end torque, and the tires would spin so easily. And i already learned how to launch a faster(er) car :) I kept up with a wrx in first gear, then it was over.

Blitzu... sorry if I said i did run that, i think i meant to say i SHOULD be around there.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
have you scanned your car?
it all depends on the weather and track conditions and knock.
with no knock and an awesome track on a cool night you could turn as low as a 13.4 or better on a 1.9-2.0 60' realistically youll be at a 13.8- if you get a lot of knock and are in summer heat you could go as high as a 14 flat.

and bc- the 01 cobra is a 4v DOHC 4.6L, essentially the same thing as a mach1 which ive seen turn 13.2 bone stock and 12.9s on a tire but everything else stock.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
the 01 SHOULD have run those times, but as many cobra owners will tell you, they didnt. Something to do with a faulty intake manifold. Either way the 01 cobra's were in general running the same, or slightly better, times as the gt. it was sad. Now ford did offer a recall on the manifold, but not everyone knew about it or took up the offer if they did. Ive beaten 2 seperate 01 cobra's with a 13.85 car. Both times i was expecting to lose and came out barely on top. granted, it was the street, but that should have given him more of an advantage than me. rwd over fwd...

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info