🔧 BUILD Upside-down M90 GTP build thread

General Information

When your wife gives you permission to build a racecar, you build a racecar.

This is what happened to me. However, all funding for this project comes out of my construction account. I really need a telehandler, so this is very budget friendly. Luckily, I've been stockpiling parts for years. This isn't an overnight build by any means. My goal is to make a 1/4 mile pass with it before the tracks close for the season. I'm taking a risk here and using photobucket for image hosting, so hopefully they don't screw me over again.

So let's start it off. I bought a 04 L26 motor with somewhere north of 100k on it and started to tear it down.

1689132772823.png

Everything looks good so far. The pistons are really clean. There was some junk sitting in the oil pan, but not much.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You going full on drag car that you can cut a shit ton of weight out of? I mean, a cam/intercool'd car is good for maybe 380whp, unless that grand prix weighs like >2000lbs, you're going to need more power than that.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Got one side prepped and ready for the head. Installed studs and .052" mls gaskets.

I've had these heads for a long time. They were ported by Mark Tischler and I had a machine shop go through them a few years ago. They have Manley stainless severe duty valves, manley 150# springs, new valve seals, and titanium retainers.

One installed. I torqued it to 90 ft lbs.

Thread Info