3800 AFC 2.0 or ICCU

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
pros and cons of each?

ICCU-$329....more expensive, but in car tuning plus more tuning options, tells you results on screen

AFC 2.0-$ $159, /2 the price, cheaper of the 2, can tune throughout the RPM band, but not in the car, need to monitor scan tool.

Help convince me one way or the other...LOL, who's got an iccu? do ya like it?

also, i noticed there's the ZZP afc, and the tech edge afc on intense...is there a diff? or does techedge make them and sell them to zzp?...was curious about that if anyone knows.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by dole21@Jun 8 2004, 01:06 AM
also, i noticed there's the ZZP afc, and the tech edge afc on intense...is there a diff? or does techedge make them and sell them to zzp?...was curious about that if anyone knows.
Same thing, same maker...I have seen a few threads where people have wired it up inside the car on ClubGP. I agree with J/O, DHP tuner is way more badass. If you have a laptop it's the way to go. It will give you scanning ability also, which I don't think you have right now.

S

sr71_rgl

I've had the zzp afc 2 (same as intense's) for about half a year so far and think it's a great buy. V2 uses a lcd display with small buttons to adjust the increment. It's got a lot of funciton built into it as you can set the A/F for 13increments (low maf freq to high) It really depends on how much adjutstment flexibility you really want/need. I use a LS1M scanner on and old Palm VII to scan which is way more convenient/cheap then lugging a laptop around. Altough the iccu looks really cool in some installs it just seems a bit overkill to me. How mch more tuning can you do with the dhp besides adjust shift points that you couldn't do with a happy knob and afc?

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
There was a moderate discussion a few days ago about ICCU vs DHP tuner whether not the Tuner would make the ICCU obsolete.

IMO I think the ICCU should be in every person's car who is serious about tuning/getting the best performance from their car. Yes, the DHP Tuner is really nice and I will probably get one down the road, but sometimes it looks like it could be an obstacle or inconvinient.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info