3800 First speeding ticket in about a decade!

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Well, going to work this morning, as I turned onto Washington from the usually side street I take, I give it a little gas (because it's at the top of this hill, so just when you think the cost is clear, a bunch of cars are on you in seconds). It was nothing drastic. So I get in the left line because I have to make a left a couple blocks down, and as soon as I pass this cop on a motorcycle in a parking lot, he flicks his lights on and gets behind me. I'm thinking "oh great, now what?"

At first, I thought it was because my front plate was missing (the TSTE is off an eBay aution from VA where front plates are not required, so there's no place to even PUT one). First he asked for my license. Then he asked for my insurance. As he was looking it over, he said "the reason I pulled you over is because I clocked you at 41 in a 25." I just starred at him, speechless. I didn't even think I was going remotely that fast. 35 MAYbe, but 41?? I explained to him that I had to hurry to get out of the way of the Dodge Ram that was barreling down on me because of the bling spot of the top of the hill. He actually shook his head in a non sarcastic, "wow, that's a pretty good excuse" kind of way. But then he told me he was going to write me a ticket. What a jag-off.

I can't complain too much because there were LOTS of instances where I could have gotten nailed bad, like when I got up to 95 MPH on North Aurora Rd. (very popular cop watch area) racing this moron in a base model newer Eclipse, or maxing out the motor at 132 on the highway several times. I know this probably wouldn't matter to most people, because speeding tickets are a regular part of their lives, but I'm just mad because it brings the 9+ year streak to a screeching holt. Coincidentally, the last time I got a ticket was also during one of the EXTREMELY few times I didn't have a radar detector in the car. The lighter doesn't work for some reason in the TSTE. I was going to investigate it + hardwire a radar detector in, but I just sorta' forgot about it. Now I gotta' drive REAL carefull for a while. Damn! :angry:

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
I've never had any tickets on my record, ever. I usually just get court supervision. You pay the fine, and it doesn't go on your record so long as you don't get another ticket within the next 3 months, which has never been remotely close to a problem. And then, as long as you haven't had court supervision within the last year, if you get another ticket in the future, you can apply for it again. So it's not my record that I'm worried about. Just the fact that I know if I had a radar detector, which would have gone off before I even made the turn, I could have prevented this. And the $75 could have been better spent with the LONG list of restoration parts I need. Oh well, what are you gonna' do? And don't say stop speeding, that ain't happening. :p This is my first...semi-"fast" car, so I tend to get a bit gitty with the accelerator.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
In Naperville no matter what the excuse is there going to give you a tkt. The motorcycle cop got me once he was sitting at the BP gas station on Washington and Ogden because I was the last car to go thru on a yellow light. FYI watch out for the under cover Blue Expedition cop car, White Camaro cop car, Green and brown Impala cop car they usually stand with the no Hubcap look.... :ph34r:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info