3800 narrowing down the problem....

i have come to the conclusion that something is wrong with my fuel injectors. my car has been running real rough lately. i decided to go and buy some stp fuel injector cleaner and give it a shot. i mean it's only 3 bucks :) anyways, after the second day it was in there, my car started up real nice everytime. when my tank of gas ran out, and i filled it back up. the car would start real rough. i am guessin my fuel injectors are extremely dirty. under boost, my car still boggs. but i have not yet thrown an ses light yet. i am not boosting my car either, sometime i have to get on it just a tad to switch lanes or something. do you think i just need them cleaned? what does it mean by injectors going static? i know someone said something about a leak in a vacuum line. i don't know if that has anything to do with it, but on my boost gauge on the vaccum side, at idle, it is at 20. is that normal. that's how it has always been. if i have a leak in the vaccum line, will it read differently? thanks for the help

Zack

oh ya, my car has almost 105k miles on it

you should depressurise (sp?) the fuel system first. there is a schrader valve in the engine (ontop of the fuel rail in front) with a little black twist off top on it. twist it off, depress the valve with a screwdriver or something and cover it with a bunch of paper towels because gas will begin to come out. you'll know when its depressurised because gas and air will stop coming out. a little bit of fuel will still leak out of the filter itself though (probably a cup or so) so have something ready to let it leak into, or just let it leak all over the garage floor. :ph34r:

or you can unplug the fule pump fuse in the fuse box under the hood, and then run the car till it dies.

i soaked the area with pb blaster (any lube will be almost as good, wd-40...) before trying to use the wrenches. i just used two adjustable wrenches when i did it. the other side of the filter just snaps off. wish both sides were like that.

well, i couldn't get the fuel filter off. the nut was so rusted on there i couldn't get it. even my dad came out and gave it a try. we wd-40ed the thing to death. nothing. we still tried but we just rounded the nut. i am going to take it to a local mechanic shop by my house and let them worry about it. it's just aggravating.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info