3800 Need 3rd gen rockers intalled..

hey guys whats up, well i've decided to get the rockers today....and the pcm from intense.....alotta money...hehe...i was woundering who would do the install on them......iam gonna order them today, so hopefully get the stuff wensday or thursday....i did ask this qeustion before buy i forgot who does them.....

i perfer someone who has done it many...many times...just pm me with the price.

Thanks guys

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hey bro!!

Those are sweet ass rockers.

How many miles on the car? I would advise getting new springs 1o5 lbs.
TO reduce valve float.

I did them on Joels car and did not cnange out the springs When he is in performance shift mode with the PCM He gets valve float at the higher RPM's WHen he does not have the PCM on he does not get float.

I also did Taylors SSEI. We did springs with his from the get go. SO he has not experienced any problems.

Just to save the headaches I suggest s[rings with the GEn 3's from experience. You might be able to get LS1 or Ls6 springs cheaper!! Than Comp cam sptings everyone is selling. Contact Joel on the boars JK99GTP for whwich ones he used.

Oh yeah I can also install them for you. Pm me for the pricing info.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
I agree with Alex, if you have a DHP or Intense PCM w/a high mileage vehicle get valvesprings!! I would do it just for the peace of mind...

It sucks running without the Performance shift , feels like I'm driving a Lincoln Town Car the way the auto shifts and wants to stay in overdrive all the time!! arghh!! Cant wait to get my springs/retainers put in...

I would email Intense and get their opinions however. If you cannot afford to get the 105# valvesprings and retainers, PM me and I can shoot you part numbers for 90# LS6 Springs/LS1-LS6 retainers. I also think BumpinGTP was selling 105# valvesprings/retainers, not sure if they are still for sale, but you might want to PM him for more info..

I also recommend Alex to do the job for you, he did an excellent job on mine even tho he's going to have to take the motor apart again to put in springs for me!! :lolsign:

Thanks,

Joel

taylordssei

Regular
Dec 15, 2008
Elmhurst
Originally posted by alexgtp@May 31 2004, 12:11 PM
I also did Taylors SSEI. We did springs with his from the get go. SO he has not experienced any problems.
Yep, Alex is the MAN, car's running great. Definitly get some extra retainers, don't want to drop them and not find them, Thanks again for Bumpin letting me use his "extra's" :rolleyes:

Alex PM coming for the TOG install

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info