3800 Shot fire out of my buddies exhaust

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
We were out the other night just Talkin and stuff, and one of my buddies has an 01 Cobra, so i ask him if i can take it for a ride and he says sure. So i go down the street and i turn around and make sure theres no cars comin. I turned out of a subdivision and kept it in first. I nailed it while still in first, then slammed it in to second and spun the tires which i didn't think was possible cause he's got brand new BF goodridge tires(the ones that are basically street legal slicks) So i spun it in second and when i slammed third i heard this loud bang. after i pulled back in one of my other buddies was behind me and he said all he saw was this ball of fire come out the exhasut when i hit third. Now someone wanna explain to me how the hell i did this and why the hell it happened?

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
sounds like the car is running pig rich, and the temp of the exhaust set it on fire.... it's NOT a good thing... (running THAT rich on an EFI car... will wash the cylinders down very quickly... not a good thing)

so explanation: he's not getting a full burn... there is left over gasoline that enters the exhaust while the exhaust valves are open... the exhaust gets VERY hot... it's hot enought o ignite the fuel.... and only place it has to go is out the exhaust.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info