3800 Torque Convertor install

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Is there a writeup anywhere online so I can look it over before ordering one? I wanna know everything involved. Has anyone installed one here, and if so, will you help? :x

Also, how hard is it to convert my tranny to -HD? Do either of them involve pulling the motor?

I just got raped by an early 80's stick mustang. He started toying with me around 70mph (dropped back next to me) until i looked over to see him smiling. I laughed cause I new I had no chance, so he floored it and had me by more than I want to admit. My new goal is to hit mid 13's before the end of summer, I'm spending the rest of my money. :(

*edit* I also wanna point out that I can brake torque to 3000rpm and launch...with no wheel spin at all on street tires. Where the hell did all my torque go..that stall is sooo tempting. :(

Thanks,
James

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
yeah, never worked on one in a FWD car though. How exactly do you "pull" it? :(

The 1973 charger i did this on was easy. Just disconnect the driveshaft, unbolt the tranny and slide it out after a few brackets are unbolted.

The rest of my car is in the way, so it's not that simple. How do you pull it with the body and stuff in the way?

*edit* and about how long will it take the average person (or 2 people).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list