3800 Did anyone here

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I bought it for my GP. But I ended up selling it after a cple months.

It was nopt right for my set up. And it sounded too tinny. Great looking.. awesome tips and great finish.. Weak tinny osund and 2 1/4" diameter piping.. not good for the mods I had planned.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
It was a lot cheaper when I bought it a year ago....they raised it like 100 out of the blue for no reason???.........

Thier quality is top notch. You will never buy another again. Ive read of people buyin a new system on after 3-4 years with flowmasters, etc....

Personally, I dont like th other exhaust. Ibought a SLP loudmouth and sold it 3 days latter. Drone was incredible at all speeds.

Borlas is much better.

Thier tips are the best Ive ever seen.....

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
I have one. I like the sound and the look. But once you do headers, down pipe, and high flow cat it really sound mean. Also you can't beat stainless for the look and toughness. It is kind of funny how much they are asking for them now. I guess its called inflation. I bought mine five years ago and I think I paid under $600 for it.

AutoDummy

Nov 26, 2008
IMO the Borla system sucks, save your money. I bought mine for $600 several years ago, and I'll never make that mistake again. My resonator self-destructed after 40K miles (Borla has it now, and has had it for 3 weeks for warranty replacement :angry: ). Not to mention the "Y" causes a crap-load of turbulence with its half-ass design/assembly. A high-flow cat and headers helped my GP breathe, but it wasn't until I replaced the Borla resonator with a round Magnaflow muffler, and ran a 3" pipe from the headers to the Borla "Y" (which I ported) that the true potential of the headers was revealed. The only thing special about Borla is the SS piping with mandrel bends; big deal, you can get that anywhere. The tips are nice, the muffs are debatable, the piping size isn't great if you've got the mod bug, and the resonator sucks.

The system is pretty quiet though, almost too quiet. I can't comment on how the exhaust sounds outside the car (I'm always driving :D ), but it sounds good to me inside. It is hard to get these V6s to sound good. You might try getting in touch with Ron Vogel, I think he has had 5-6 exhaust set-ups on his GP; he might be of some help. ;) Good luck.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by AutoDummy@Jun 1 2004, 01:48 PM
You might try getting in touch with Ron Vogel, I think he has had 5-6 exhaust set-ups on his GP; he might be of some help.  ;) Good luck.
Yeah, I lost count on how many set-ups I've had. I love it the way it's set-up now, but have to change it since the car is lowered. I have a custom mandrel bent 3" DP/ 3" hi-flow cat/into a 30" body; 36" long 3" id-6" round body Magnaflow muffler/3" mandrel to the y/2-2 1/4" out (no mufflers after the y). Sounds awesome, and is prolly all anyone would need. It's a little too free flowing, so I'm welding in flanges on each side of the muffler to play with pipe sizes. I'm first going to a 2 1/2" ID resonator with a smooth transition in, and a stepped transition out to control reversion.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
i only spent 650 on my borla!!!! (for my TA) .... and boy do I wish I had that money back.... was a newbie mistake.... no way in HELL is my borla catback worth 650... for 50 bux I could get a cutout ... ( I alaready have a $110 electric cutout plate) ... so that leaves the muffler and tips... well the muffler is shit (in my case) ... doesn't quiet the car down at all... and the tips I like... but not 650 bux like....

not sure how GP borla compares to TA borla... but I wouldn't pay that much for a catback ever again...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
If you want a Borla get it now. They just raised their prices and are planning on doing it again with the pretense that raw material prices are rising.

I was going to start selling them for $679.99; Now I have no choice but to match the $749.99. You might be lucky to get them for $749 in a couple months. :(

tommmy3

Regular
Dec 19, 2008
Hey could someone give me some assistance -

I have stock headers and am not going to get new togs or anything - but I have a Borla Exhuast - so my queation is I'd like to get a high flow CAT and Downpipe - should I just buy the RAndom TEch one and then which one do I get 2.5 inch factory, 3 inch factory, ..?
Or could the infamous JIM set up a CAT/Downpipe for me?

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by horist@Jun 1 2004, 11:14 PM
i only spent 650 on my borla!!!! (for my TA) .... and boy do I wish I had that money back.... was a newbie mistake.... no way in HELL is my borla catback worth 650... for 50 bux I could get a cutout ... ( I alaready have a $110 electric cutout plate) ... so that leaves the muffler and tips... well the muffler is shit (in my case) ... doesn't quiet the car down at all... and the tips I like... but not 650 bux like....

not sure how GP borla compares to TA borla... but I wouldn't pay that much for a catback ever again...
What do most of the guys wiht TAs have that dont sound like a drag car alll the time?....thats what I want....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info