3800 ILGPC Intercooler

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
SWEET! KIT..

I just bouhgt saome additional AEROQUIP fitting for a nicer look.

I have finished phase on of The IC install. I ran all the plumbing and mounted the pump and radiator. NOw to put the lower intake manifold and IC.. WOOHOO!!! 2.8" pulley here I come biothces!!

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by alexgtp@May 28 2004, 02:02 PM

I have finished phase on of The IC install. I ran all the plumbing and mounted the pump and radiator. NOw to put the lower intake manifold and IC.. WOOHOO!!! 2.8" pulley here I come biothces!!
Just bring that clunk of shit around here........biothce :lol: :lolsign:

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I am in the middle of trying to get back up from the engineering company of the intercooler core.
Let's not act like children and keep it to true facts at least.
J/O's was not ran for only a week. And he has been offered a large discount if he felt like getting another. So he was not just left behind like you are trying to say.
Mike- who is the second one? Let me know, because I have not heard anything yet.
This core is made form the same material used in every single cobra and saleen mustang on the road. Besides that info, I am tryng to get some sort of material certification from the company for everybodies peice of mind. So I will get back to everyone on it when I have facts, not just whatever pops up in my head at the time of typing

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by LP 3800@Jun 1 2004, 09:20 AM
I am in the middle of trying to get back up from the engineering company of the intercooler core.
J/O's was not ran for only a week. And he has been offered a large discount if he felt like getting another. So he was not just left behind like you are trying to say.
Mike- who is the second one? Let me know, because I have not heard anything yet.
This core is made form the same material used in every single cobra and saleen mustang on the road. Besides that info, I am tryng to get some sort of material certification from the company for everybodies peice of mind. So I will get back to everyone on it when I have facts, not just whatever pops up in my head at the time of typing
but his was one of the first ones ever made, he pre payed you 6 months ahead. you told him and myself that if you get a better core you will upgrade us for free just for helping you with the I/C's. now if J/O is doing a R&D for you and your core falls apart, shouldnt you give him a new one? not try to charge him 500 + dollars? I would understand if that would happen with your current design , but his is what # 2 ever made? I consider that R&D.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I did not try to charge him 500+. So that is just more false accusations that I can not help you with.
I also told him that I would be in a better position with the next set. So I told him if he wanted to wait, I would help him out then. Everything I am saying is 100% the truth. This would be a lot easier if you tried to do the same and not just try to clear your mind. Any other deals should be dealt with over PM. This thread is for info for a fellow member on the IC. I am also getting you the info you asked for on the material strength and so forth. This is not a tribute to J/O. I have dealt with him very well over the phone and I told him I would continue to help him as soon as possible. I did not just say good luck and see you later. And he knows that

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Don't fret Brian, I still like you...Welcome to the wonderful world of aftermarket modification: hehe..

I'd be curious to see why the fins might of been a problem if they were. Honestly, I can't see how they would fatigue enough to break off in the first place. There's no way it could have melted off, and I doubt there is enough vibration in there to wiggle it loose. The only thing I could see as a problem is the hose routing. If there isn't sufficient play in the hoses, it may bind when the engine torques and stress the inlets to the core. May need to isolate those somehow. Or have a hard mount to the hoses away from the core nipples. HEHE, I said nipples...

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Well I am still in the air. I have everything wired and plumbed and pump mounted. All i need to do is attach the IC core. But after reading this I am wary. Brian please get back to us with what happened. And anyone else who had problems.

Paul and John I know you guys have been running this system for a cple months now. Have you guys had a chance to take the SC off and closely inspect the IC core for any damage?

I will probably go ahead and complete the install once I get more info.

Thanks..

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Originally posted by alexgtp@Jun 1 2004, 12:05 PM
Well I am still in the air. I have everything wired and plumbed and pump mounted. All i need to do is attach the IC core. But after reading this I am wary. Brian please get back to us with what happened. And anyone else who had problems.

Paul and John I know you guys have been running this system for a cple months now. Have you guys had a chance to take the SC off and closely inspect the IC core for any damage?

I will probably go ahead and complete the install once I get more info.

Thanks..
I will this weekend... :unsure: :eek:

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by LP 3800@Jun 1 2004, 08:20 AM

J/O's was not ran for only a week.

So I will get back to everyone on it when I have facts, not just whatever pops up in my head at the time of typing
I looked at all my records and memoirs, and you are right, it was 13 days, and I was told I could put it on without the water system Q<can i put it on without water..A<i dont see why not, sure. Q<should i boost it, and see what i get..A<sure see what happens..

wish we would of did that 5 months ago... :banghead:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info