3800 the cheap DIY fan mod

sgtp

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
http://www.oqcgp.com/upgrades/fanmod_1/fanmod.php

Im sure some of you have done this mod. Anyway, Ive got a 2000 GS and my underhood fusebox has a different layout than the picture shown in the above link. So, I just tried to figure out which relay is which an try to wire it in the same way. I assume that I got it right because I could control the fans(though it seemed like the fan speed was the same either way on the 3-way switch). But, the next day I have a SES 0481 that comes on and stays on even with my wires removed from the relays. I hope i only blew the relays.

has anyone had this problem? any ideas what may have went wrong? I dont want to keep blowing relays

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I know that the 2000 gs is different the the other l67's when it comes to the fan electronics. I honestly dont know in what ways but I do know its a little different. Just because we sell a hi-speed fan kit at work that is for the 2000 gs only. And the other kit for the rest of the l67s isnt for the 2000 gs.

Thats all I know really though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list