3800 update on car, new trans, exhaust, other mods

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
I finally have my car back.. There has been a lot of things that have been done on it in the last 2 months. Below is a selection of new mods and some opinions.

1. New trans, http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=314
After Snoop installed my headers (great job) my trans blew out after a few days of driving w/ open headers. I was on my way to Jims to get my exhaust done that day ..
The trans is great, The shop is awesome. Al is a perfectionist. I had a few things in my car that were works in progress, and he cleaned the car up a bit.
The trans itself has replaced shafts, sshift kit set at medium, hi energy clutches, 2800 stall converter, 3.29 gearing.... Al was great to work with I talked to him on the phone. He got everything I needed for the trans. I deffinately recommend them if you are looking to get a new trans. The 3.29 gearing is different. I enjoy the top end on te car much better now.

2. Exhaust.. Snoop- Headers, Definately call him up for some assistance... well actually do your headers if you want the process to go smoothly.
Jim is the man with the exhaust. He finished up my exhaust on friday.... It is badass, I will have pics up later this week once it is nice out for a photochoot. He took some pics of when the car was up in the air. I will be the first car on his wall of fame at the new shop. I was also talking with Raz (i believe thats his handle) at the shop, he was getting done with a ubend delet it looked like, 2002 GTP. Jim says he does 2-3 GPs a week. He is awesome and well worth a little drive.

3. Gmpp Handling. As many have already said, do the suspension. I have Koni's and stock springs, and finally got around to putting on the front and rear sway bars, front and rear STB's. I stil have to put on the trailing arms, and I cannot wait. The car handles soooo much better. This is an inexpensive upgrade and well worth it.

4. CG-Lock- I bought this from PFYC. This thing is awesome. There is a place online that the price is about $10 cheaper if you do a group buy of 5-10 of them. I love this thing. It is very easy to use and it really keeps you settled in the seat. If you take any quick turns or anything, you do not slide in your seat at all. I use it on a daily basis and recommend others to try it out.

5. CF hood. From what I know I am the second person to buy this hood from PFYC, or noone else has pics of theirs on c l u b g p . I put it on a silver car to go with my carbon fiber/yellow motif. I think it cam out real nice. The aoutoshop said it was one of the best hoods hes seen. Ihear that all the hoods from PFYC are awesome in quality and would recommend them if you are looking for a new hood.

6. LS1 brakes. Bought from Ratracer, a great upgrade. The car stops much better. They are a great improvement over the intrigue brakes IMO. Well worth the money.

7. CAI, I have a sheet of polycarbonate ready to be cut. I just need to get around to it, It will end up being a cross between my 2 favorite intakes, the MSP and the thrasher. I also have some buble wrap for the box and enough for 2-3 more boxes once I finish mine.

I hope to have pics up later this week. There are a lot more things to do to my work in progress. I cant wait for it to get nicer out and finish her up.
Take care all,

Joe A

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
I will be getting my car back this week. I had graffix added to the side, and got my rear end fixed.
I got it all done at xclusive auto.com in Fox Lake. They do a real good job. The fiberglass guy is awesome. They did a great job. I also got a new hood from PFYC because mine came off while drifing, luckily no one got hurt.

here are the new pics. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/574609/3

I have to repaint the front and rear calipers, either black or bright yellow.
My engine parts will be in by friday, then I have a few weeks of fun while I get all of the peices I need to finish up the car. IC, rails, custom pcm, ICCU, 2.75 pulley on the way.

joe a

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info