3800 how would...

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
it could be cool... but i wouldn't use it....

Personally (this is just my opinion... and based only on my previous experiences.. I don't know how other boards operate) ... I don't like the bidding process on message boards..

for years I was used to .. you post something and the price you want... then someone will low ball you and you negotiate... but once a sale is locked in that's it...

It wasn't until I got my GP that I saw this going to the highest bidder stuff start... good idea for seller... but for people like me... I'll offer a price... take it or leave it... I don't feel like watching it worrying about being overbid...

so while it seems like many people would use it... i personally would not

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
What you guys must realize is that the auction process is the unfortunate way things happen in this community. John is not saying he agrees with it but is offering a way to make an unfortunate situation a little better.

If the seller doesn't sell it here, he'll sell it elsewhere and people that want to get rid of items for a set price would still have a means to do so I assume.

IMO, it's an improvement.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I have to agree with Horist on this one, I understand ThaLord is trying to add some stuff that could simplify selling items on ilgpc.com. I prefer the "old school" means! I like where someone posts something up for sale and either states a price they want to get or says "make me an offer" Once an offer is made you and the seller are in agreement on a price and it is your item. I am not one for this I'll outbid by a $1 so I get the item.

If it is something that is valuable and useful for this club I am for it and will try to use it. I just prefer the old method of verbal agreement and payment upon pickup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info