3800 Best mufflers...

gt2000

Feb 14, 2008
Well I just recently had my resonator yanked but the ubend is still there, but not for much longer. The car sounds good in the lower rpm's but once I get her up around 3 grand or so, it doesn't sound all too hot! Well with getting the ubend taken out I was wanting to get a good set of muffs put on. Now I was thinking flowmaster 40's put I heard they are rather loud. I want something with a nice rumble but not something that is going to drone and drive me nuts going 2 hours back and forth to school. I just want something that sounds a little mean, has some growl and sounds good when I get her going! So any recommendations for muffs would be greatly recommended. I figured I would ask here because all I would get on clubgp would be "do a search". I also am gonna to have a K&N FWI installed hopefully this weekend, if my filter gets here. I don't know if that affects the overall sound of the exhaust or not, but thought I would throw that in there.

Thanks a lot guys,

Zach

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by daturbosix@May 19 2004, 11:45 PM
i yanked my resignator and ubend...also my muffs....i have a total straight pipe system, i love it...some say the drone is really heavy, but tahts what the stereo is for!
wouldn't you lose like all your backpressure?? did it feel like you lost a lot of bottom end power when you did that?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Originally posted by VHGTP+May 20 2004, 02:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VHGTP @ May 20 2004, 02:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-daturbosix@May 19 2004, 11:45 PM
i yanked my resignator and ubend...also my muffs....i have a total straight pipe system, i love it...some say the drone is really heavy, but tahts what the stereo is for!
wouldn't you lose like all your backpressure?? did it feel like you lost a lot of bottom end power when you did that? [/b][/quote]
i still have the cat. on the car...so theres a lil backpressure, but it acctually feels faster out of the hole to me. when i stomp it, it will spin the tires for atleast 4 house lengths. and i know when i first got the car it wouldnt do that.

even if i lost all backpressure, that would hurt my 1/4 mph, like it would drop maybe 1-3 mph off the trap speed. and to me, that doesnt matter because its my daily driver.

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by LeeGTP@May 20 2004, 09:07 AM
DYNOMAX ULTRAFLO welded......love them
Part#from Summit Racing (part # WLK-17219)
Or you can pick a set from Murrays Auto same part #
I have to agree...although mine have been on only a little more then a year and my drivers side muffler seems to have blown out..its all ricey now..lol

when they were new..they were the best sounding out of all the mufflers out there..IMO

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've got one BIG Magnaflow on the car. It's 3" ID, 36" long x 6" round, nice deep rumble (bit of a ground clearance issue though) It sounds nice with the stock tips, but right now am running with them off, and the exhaust ends 6" before the bumper cutouts. It's super f'n loud, but not too bad on the highway. I had resonator tips on, the drone was unbearable so I went back to stock tips. The stock tips were perfect, but the autozone pipe expander I rented didn't work too well. The stock tips would only go in the pipe about 1". They stayed on my exhaust for 3 days of driving back and fourth to work, and fell off moving my car a few feet into the garage last night. Overall really happy with my big muffler, but if you are going for a quiet rumble checkout Hemi super turbo's; they're cheap and work really well.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
where are you from, I have flowmaster 40's on my car, and can let you hear it, outside, and inside for a lil drive. I'm in addison, about 7min from schaumburg. Let me know we can meet up. Personally I love it, and truely, you do get used to it, you will like it, because when your on the gas it sounds so sexy, but when your off the throttle, its dead quiet, it sounds like the car is off.

What every you do, stay away from teh slp loudmouth, unless you like waking up your neighbors every time you start your car, or coast around.
They sound good, but I don't think you are looking for that much noise.

sgtp

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
I was wondering when someone would bring up borla... Im running a borla xs pro something or other. It makes its most drone in 2nd gear from 2 to 3k rpms, and quiets down to near stock sounding when cruising at 65-70. I am very satisfied with it. Of course I drive a gs so this means nothing to you <_< :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info