3800 ? about NOS

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Does anyone know that if you get a "Dry Shot" if you can still use a purge on it??? Later on were gonna get something for the olds, my dad wants to go with the "wet shot" but i want the "dry shot" since it is safer, but i know with the wet shot you can purge it, which is i think the best part about having nitrous, but i was just wondering if you can still do that with a dry shot.

NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWS :headbang: :eddie:

S

slopokegtp

Whats up man, You can purge a dry or wet shot. You are actually only purging the N2o so there is no difference in the shot.
I had the dry zex shot and no it is not safer. As a matter of fact I killed 1 piston leaning out so I converted it to wet and I run much safer and MUCH faster.
Take care,
Slopoke

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
what what he said... I run a dry shot on my TA (jetted for a 125 shot right now)

a dry shot the purge isn't totally necessary, but still a good idea to get max performance (get all the air outta the lines)

w/a wet kit it's a must because you'd be running pig rich w/out purging...

setup properly a small dry shot is prettys afe... I'm pushing my luck if I spray the 125 dry shot this year... (I'll be converting to either a wet shot this winter or direct port w/a LSX Intake manifold)

GMcarguy

Dec 28, 2008
I'm curious about the nitrous systems on GTPs or any supercharged car. If the nitrous is injected before the supercharger will it not just be disrupted by the rotors on the supercharger? I would think that you would not see the full effect of a 75 shot, or 100 shot, or whatever jet you use. It would seem to make more sense to use a system that injects the nitrous and fuel into the intake manifold. I am not to up to date on Grand Prix nitrous systems, has anyone heard of this being tried? Just curious. It must be really expensive.

S

slopokegtp

Originally posted by GMcarguy@May 19 2004, 10:00 PM
I'm curious about the nitrous systems on GTPs or any supercharged car. If the nitrous is injected before the supercharger will it not just be disrupted by the rotors on the supercharger? I would think that you would not see the full effect of a 75 shot, or 100 shot, or whatever jet you use. It would seem to make more sense to use a system that injects the nitrous and fuel into the intake manifold. I am not to up to date on Grand Prix nitrous systems, has anyone heard of this being tried? Just curious. It must be really expensive.
Actually this has been done before with a N20 distrubution block mounted under the lower intake. You do have to remove the balance shaft to do this for clearance. I am currently working on this setup for my new motor (which should be ready in 2 months). I can say that after running a wet setup via my s/c after 2 months I had no more teflon left. As for the performance, with a 125 shot I shaved exactly 1 sec off my times :eek:

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
if you run it before the s/c you will not see a "loss" of N2O. Its JUST like air, its a gas, so it will ALL make it.

Also, i don't know where you got your info because in general a wet shot is considered safer. The fuel for the nitrous is provided in the shot, so you dont have the worries about over running the injectors. To top it off you can safely run a larger shot. If you keep it under 100 then you should be ok as far as your injectors are concerned, but honestly i wouldn't go any larger than a 75 dry shot on stock injectors. Be sure you fuel pressure regulator is up to snuff, and that you fuel filter and pump aren't bad. Nitrous can be a quick way to force a new engine on you if you aren't careful.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info