3800 US-41 with INDYCGP!

GP98GT

May 18, 2008
INDY
Hey guys.. Im from Indy.. my names Matt.

I was talking with our club prez and we were talking about having a drag day a US-41 sometime before the summers completely over. It would be nice to have this event in the fall because of the lower temperatures, but many people have more time in the summer to do outings and such. (School starts in Aug. for many.) I was thinking that the first week of Aug would give plenty of time to plan the event. B)

We were thinking along the lines of any 3800 powered Regals, Montes, Impalas, and Grand Prix's (not just IndyCGP and ILGPC). I already talked to Zooom and he said he would be willing to throw down some goodies for the event. I'm sure it would't be too much of a challenge to get goodies from other vendors also. We could charge a small spectator fee or racing fee to cover the cost of the track and maybe 1st place trophies or whatever.

I think we could make this one of the better events if we put some time and effort into it.

Comments?

GP98GT

May 18, 2008
INDY
Another idea that IndyCGP came up with at our latest meeting:

ILGPC and INDYCGP have a grudge bracket race on top of the other normal events (Just between IL and IN). Whichever club wins the bracket race gets a trophy. The next time IndyCGP and IlGPC meet at this particular event, that same trophy goes up for grabs again....

Gives us an exucuse to have a grudge match with you guys at least once a year. :D

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Oh God...Zoomer is coming? I enjoy the idea, but where does our sponsor come in? I wouldn't mind both of them showing up, but what about the unfortunate ZZP/Intense rivalry? We don't want anyone getting thrown out...

BTW, I like the idea of the bracket grudge match racing for ILGPC/INDYCGP where it is up for grabs every year.

How would the team grudge match work? Just whatever team goes further? Like pair cars up, and if you're eliminated, you cant race in the grudge anymore, and the other guy continues for their team? I like that idea, cause I can pull consistant times down to the hundredth. :)

J

jkaetz

Originally posted by iliveonnitro@May 18 2004, 04:50 PM
BTW, I like the idea of the bracket grudge match racing for ILGPC/INDYCGP where it is up for grabs every year.

How would the team grudge match work? Just whatever team goes further? Like pair cars up, and if you're eliminated, you cant race in the grudge anymore, and the other guy continues for their team? I like that idea, cause I can pull consistant times down to the hundredth. :)
Put all of one club in one lane, and all of the other club in the other. If one club has more racers then the other, they can chose who will race. Once that round is over, swap lanes and continue until one club has no racers left. Ideally it would go down to one car from each club, but it could also end up a lot more lop sided as well. :)

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by GP98GT@May 18 2004, 04:08 PM

ILGPC and INDYCGP have a grudge bracket race on top of the other normal events (Just between IL and IN). Whichever club wins the bracket race gets a trophy. The next time IndyCGP and IlGPC meet at this particular event, that same trophy goes up for grabs again....

Gives us an exucuse to have a grudge match with you guys at least once a year. :D
I like this idea, but the only problem would be that you would never see the trphy. :rolleyes: :lol:

GP98GT

May 18, 2008
INDY
Originally posted by mybluegtp+May 18 2004, 06:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mybluegtp @ May 18 2004, 06:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GP98GT@May 18 2004, 04:08 PM

ILGPC and INDYCGP have a grudge bracket race on top of the other normal events (Just between IL and IN).  Whichever club wins the bracket race gets a trophy.  The next time IndyCGP and IlGPC meet at this particular event, that same trophy goes up for grabs again....

Gives us an exucuse to have a grudge match with you guys at least once a year.  :D
I like this idea, but the only problem would be that you would never see the trphy. :rolleyes: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Oh, its on!!! :D

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
That should give me plenty of time to get my car together :D
Hopefully by then I will have a NOZ bottle so big in my trunk. that I have to bring the trophy home in my back seat, on my trailer. :lolsign:
I think the elimination you talked about is a great idea. I am in.
Thanks for coming over to our boards

GP98GT

May 18, 2008
INDY
Thanks for the welcome guys . . . .

BUT I do have a few questions for you. How many hours do you think we will need the track?

2-3 hours for normal racing?
1 hour for normal bracket racing?
1 hour for IL and IN bracket racing?

And how many people do you think we should expect to attend?

GP98GT

May 18, 2008
INDY
asdasd.jpg

GP98GT

May 18, 2008
INDY
Well... for 5 hours and if we keep it to 25 people... $500 - I bet the only way we could do under 25 people is if we kept it only IN and IL. But we still might go over that 25 just between our two clubs...(maybe)... But if we did keep it low... I dont think we would need 5 hours really...

I would say 5 hours if we had maybe 30-40 cars...

Input?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info