3800 Misfire Problems

I went to MGM today, and my car unexpectedly ran horribly. I went out to make my 1st pass, and I noticed right away that it was misfiring horribly when I floored it. I got out of the throttle right away and coasted to the finish line. I couldn't find the problem in the pit area, so I decided to try it again. This time, I set an SES light that said Cylinder 1 Misfire. So I pull my cylinder 1 plug and it looks fine. I changed all of my plugs to ZZP Race Plugs gapped at .040, and make one pass, and it seems to run ok, and I get a 13.3 with a 2.1 60'. I go back to the staging lanes and immediately make another pass and I get more misfiring and an SES light for Cylinder 3 misfire. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should check?

Originally posted by digitalsolo@May 16 2004, 10:26 PM
Sounds like wires to me, maybe coils. Try swapping the coils/wires off the white car on, and scan it and check. Let me know if you need a hand, I'm open most nights this week to come over and take a look... this weekend, project GTP starts though, so. :rolleyes:
I think I may have figured it out. I had no bottle heater, and the temps were in the 40's, so I was probably just running really rich and fouling the plugs, hence the one good pass. But let me know when you are going to start working on the car. I wanna be there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info