3800 introduction and questions for ILGPC

hey guys, i'm a member of the azclub, originally from the Quad Cities. i am moving to carbondale in a couple months and was wondering how many GPers live in that area.
also i have some dark tint all around, what are the current laws for window tint.

i should be moving to carbondale around end of july-mid august. and I'll defintely be at GPG considering it's in my hometown. i look forward to meeting all of you and also being the fastest '98 gold topaz metallic sedan GTP in Carbondale. B)

some quick stats... i'll include small items and repaired things, just for fun

98 gold GTP
80,000 miles
headlight harness upgrade
black reflective overlays
3.4 zzp mps
zzp fan switch (a must in AZ)
3200's
failed zzp gen 1 poly motor mounts
ghetto K&N hot air intake
tb spacer
new water pump
zzp coupler
drilled 160 t-stat
metal tensioner pullies
new lower motor mount
poly swaybar bushings/endlinks
currently working on: a FULL interior swap (camel to graphite), repairing broken upper engine bracket (the cast aluminum one that the driverside dogbone attaches to), upgrading to newer model lower air dam, adding upper radiator air baffle

james

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
welcome back. I love to go to AZ. My bro lives in Mesa, right off the 60 highway. Right behind the high school.

you will be messed with for the tint, unless you have AZ plates on the car.

good luck, and see you at gpg

pontiac nationals at Cordova..june 19-20.. ;) :D see you there too.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by slimtechgtp@May 13 2004, 03:22 PM
. i look forward to meeting all of you and also being the fastest '98 gold topaz metallic sedan GTP in Carbondale. B)

Welcome...

From the owner of the fastest Silver Mist GTP in Arlington heights parked in my driveway with a slight scratch on the left side! :lol:

Anyone wanna challenge that title?!

jmdz06

Dec 19, 2008
also i have some dark tint all around, what are the current laws for window tint.

it's been hit or miss for me...in my old home town (downers grove) i've been pulled over probably about 10 times for the tint, but never given a ticket or warning...since i've moved, i've been pulled over twice-once i got a 'talk' and the other time i got a ticket...good luck with it!

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
I've got tint on all my windows...not AS dark as in the back...but my neighbor is a cop and he's been over and talking to me about my car, never said a word about the windows just my headlight covers(which are still on)

but I think it just depends on teh cops mood...good luck welcome to the area, I used to go to southern illinois univ in carbondale...its a CRAZY place...lots of fun

thanx for the warm welcome. i'm still wondering about gp's in carbondale. my plan is to live there maybe 6-9 months then go into the air force.

i assume a lot of you have been through the Quad Cities at some point, but does anyone need more info?? i lived there from 1993-2001, right on the river, specifically in Port Byron, IL.
the cruise from moline to cordova goes right through my hometown and there is only one good auto shop along that route, it's in Rapids City, IL and i use to work there, it's called Griffith's Auto Stop (formerly known as Western Auto). i'll post more tidbits of info as it gets closer to GPG.

james

right next to griffith's auto stop in Rapids City there is small-town restaurant called "Brother's", it's gotta be the best place to eat for sure. there is another small-town place to eat in Cordova (almost same type of place) but I can't remember the name of it. as soon as you enter Cordova city limits, it's right there, can't miss it.

(sorry for late reply)

james

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info