3800 I GIVE UP!!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

:repost:
The heated oxygen sensor wiring--The sensor pigtail may be routed incorrectly and contacting the exhaust system.

Poor PCM to engine block grounds--Ensure that the PCM grounds are clean, tight, and in the proper locations. Refer to Ground Distribution Schematics in Wiring System.

The fuel pressure--The system will go lean if pressure is too low. The PCM can compensate for some decrease. However, if the fuel pressure is too low, a DTC P0171 will set. Refer to Fuel System Pressure Test (VIN K) or to Fuel System Pressure Test (VIN 1) .

The fuel injectors--Refer to Fuel Injector Coil Test - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Between 10-35 Degrees C (50-95 Degrees F) or to Fuel Injector Coil Test - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Outside 10-35 Degrees C (50-95 Degrees F) .

Vacuum leaks--Inspect for the following conditions:
Disconnected or damaged vacuum hoses--Refer to Emission Hose Routing Diagram .

Incorrectly installed or malfunctioning crankcase ventilation valve. Refer to Crankcase Ventilation System Inspection .

Vacuum leaks at the throttle body, the EGR valve, and the intake manifold mounting surfaces.

Exhaust leaks--An exhaust leak may cause the outside air to be pulled into the

exhaust gas stream past the HO2S, causing the system to appear lean. Inspect for

exhaust leaks that may cause an indication of a false lean condition. Refer to

Exhaust Leakage (Not OBD II) in Exhaust Systems.

The sass air flow sensor (MAF)--Disconnect the MAF sensor and see if the lean condition is corrected. If so, replace MAF sensor. Refer to Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Replacement .

Fuel contamination--Even small amounts of water , can be delivered to the fuel injectors. The water can cause a lean exhaust to be indicated. Excessive alcohol in the fuel can also cause this condition. Refer to Alcohol/Contaminants-in-Fuel Diagnosis .

Many situations may lead to an intermittent condition. Perform each inspection or test as directed.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm leaning towards fuel pressure/or a leak in the line that leads to the regulator. Mostly because it is mostly at idle. I'll bring some extra parts related to the system to mod day. I have a few MAF's, and t's. I'll also bring my fuel pressure gauge.

Probally already tried it but cleaning the MAF sensor wires with rubbing alcohol and a cue tip. Or just try replacing it. That code can also be set by a leak or ackward flow of air coming in. Did you remove your throttle screen lately? Adjust anything on your intake system?

I threw these codes on the GTO when I installed my intake system because of a leak, or possible oil from the k&N on the Maf wires.

Maybe this might help you.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by blitzu@May 13 2004, 03:20 PM
Probally already tried it but cleaning the MAF sensor wires with rubbing alcohol and a cue tip. Or just try replacing it. That code can also be set by a leak or ackward flow of air coming in. Did you remove your throttle screen lately? Adjust anything on your intake system?

I threw these codes on the GTO when I installed my intake system because of a leak, or possible oil from the k&N on the Maf wires.

Maybe this might help you.
From what I remember, the MAF and the 02 sensor was switched to try and find the problem.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I just went out and disconnected the MAF. Problem still there HIGH Ltrims
O2's at wot over 1.00

I also disconnected the A/F guage// still the same problem. I tightened down the nut on the EGR tube to header.. Still the same problem..

Checked for Vacuum leaks.. none that I can hear or see.

Ron I have my original TB . You borrowed it and tapped out a hole for a possible NOS attachment. TB screen is still in. You never ported this TB to my knowledge.

If I was having a fuel pressure problem Wouldent I be running super lean at WOT and have low o2 readings? I dont have a pressure guage.

ALso I had the injectors flowbenched and cleaned at Justins. And that still did not solve the problem I am having.

Anyone HAve a TB for sale? LOL!!

ughhh Im going crazy..

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by alexgtp@May 13 2004, 03:27 PM
I just went out and disconnected the MAF. Problem still there HIGH Ltrims
O2's at wot over 1.00

I also disconnected the A/F guage// still the same problem. I tightened down the nut on the EGR tube to header.. Still the same problem..

Checked for Vacuum leaks.. none that I can hear or see.

Ron I have my original TB . You borrowed it and tapped out a hole for a possible NOS attachment. TB screen is still in. You never ported this TB to my knowledge.

If I was having a fuel pressure problem Wouldent I be running super lean at WOT and have low o2 readings? I dont have a  pressure guage.

ALso I had the injectors flowbenched and cleaned at Justins. And that still did not solve the problem I am having.

Anyone HAve a TB for sale?  LOL!!

ughhh Im going crazy..
I have some extra TB's if you want to try, but I don't think that's it. What I'm thinking is a loose connector at the vac port on the FPR/or related. It'd really help to just check it out, this kind of thing is impossible enough to figure out when you actually drive the car everyday. Those rich values have to be holding back your ET's. BTW, what are your IPW's like?

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by alexgtp@May 13 2004, 11:00 AM
Car keeps throwing p-0171 code. LEAN SENSOR BANK 1

But my o2's are pegged at .95-1.00 at WOT!!!

WTF!!
It seems like his motor's getting a ton of unmetered air in from somewhere. Maybe the vacuum "T" under the snout? Does the car run bad? I'd expect his IPWs to be through the roof if his LTFs are 16. Maybe spray a little carb cleaner around the snout and see the rpms change.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info