3800 Quick Q

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Sorry if this is not Grand Prix specific, just posting this to see if anyone has any good ideas on what I can do...

okay, Im trying to revive the Z28 here so I can take it to emissions and get the license plates out of "suspended" mode..

I bought a new battery (Optima Yellowtop, so it can sit longer and I wont have to worry about the battery dying) , and fixed my idle issue by purchasing a new TPS sensor..

My question is , how the heck do you get more voltage out of this thing at idle? The best I can get is around .44-.46v at idle, and then this is as far as I can go. I heard that the best for an LT1 motor is around .50-.67v at idle...

Without using a dremel, whats the next best tool to eek out some voltage out of this thing at idle?

Spanks.

Joel
'99 GTP

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
horist - Its for a 1995 Z28 M6. I was having problems once the car warmed up, my TPS voltage would shoot up to 1.2-1.3 and idle speed would go up to like 1500-1600rpms, without me touching the pedal. I purchased a new TPS sensor today (Its a 58MM Accel TB, so it uses the TPS sensor from the old 87-92 TPI motors), and all seems to be well, a cheap 15$ fix!! But now I am trying to adjust the voltage, and with the sensor on and as far as it can go I get a voltage of around .46 (This is what the Scanmaster is showing me). I would like to eek out some more voltage so that at idle Im showing around .55-.60 (I read that is an optimal voltage for the LT1 cars). I tried using a filer and filed some of the ends, so that I can move the TPS sensor a bit more but I wasnt really making much progress. So I was wondering if there was an easier way , other than using a dremel (which I dont have)....Happy Belated B-day btw...

Mike - Well I havent failed emissions yet, I have just been to lazy to take it in. Car was sitting for awhile and I couldnt really do anything until I fixed the idle problem. Then I got alittle mod happy on the GTP because I enjoy driving it so much, but now want to get the Camaro running again so I can take it out every now and then...

Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list