3800 Brake Caliper ???

RynosGP

Nov 10, 2008
Opps. Spelled Brake wrong in the subject :blink:

I've been having problems with my brakes. well mostly the right rear caliper. It seems to be sticking closed. It's like sometimes it will work fine but other times it won't. I can hear it dragging when I'm driving and there is a lot of break dust on the wheel. I've taken it apart and cleaned it. Well all of the bolts and cleaned them real well and relubed everything with brake caliper grease. Not the caliper itself. I've done this twice is the past 3 weeks to see if I can fix it. but nothing helps. Is it time for a caliper rebuild? If so how hard is it to do? Any special tools required? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Ryan

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Yeah, put what kinda shitty pads do you get?...

Those 9.99 ones that will squeal form the 1st day you put them on and coat your rims in thick black dust in 5 minutes???

Get rasbestos Ceramics pads. Quiet as all hell...well, never really heard them till I hit 30k miles on em and much, much less brake dust then semi metalic pads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list